It's the Game of Life Scratch Edition!
What will you do during your life?
Join the collaboration to help make the game on Scratch. Everyone is welcome to take part in this collab.
You just need to make useful and helpful edits and additions to the game, that will further this project along. If your edit will mess up the game, or isn't related to The Game of Life, then your edit or addition is not acceptable and will not be a part of the official project.
Remix ONLY the latest project in the official remix chain for the game if you are going to add or change anything to it.
The latest version of the game should be the most recently added project to this studio.
To become a studio manager you need to work on the project a lot.
If you've shown that you are active in the project, and have helped further it along, studio owner, @miles854 will promote you to manager.
If you have not helped with the making of the game and/or requested a remix version within a week of joining you will be removed from this studio.
THINGS TO CONSIDER ADDING TO THE Scratch VERSION OF THE GAME RIGHT NOW:
1. Add a system to have the game know which character you selected to play as, so that you will be given the correct car (the color and design of the car will depend on the character you select) for that character, your character will appear in their car in the drivers spot as well as on the board.
2. A detection system for the spinner, so that the game can know how many spaces to move a players car in the game after they spin. A ticker has been added to show and detect how many spaces have been spun, but it currently has not been coded to detect what number of spaces was spun.
3. Add different car designs and decide which playable character will use each car. The game currently has one car, but more designs could be added.
4. A way to choose which path you want to take (career path or college path) and have your car start on that path.
5. Add jobs to the game for players to pick. If they pick career path, have them pick there job before the car moves on there first turn. If they pick college path, have them pick there career when they reach stop on the college path.
6. Make cars be able to properly move around the board and stop after moving the number of spaces spun.
7. Add a way to choose how many people are going to play the game before starting a game, and have it so that you can pick one character per player. Also add turns, where each player spins the spinner and moves on the board in turns. Maximum of 8 players as much more then that and the board will begin to get quite crowded. Also the official The Game of Life board game only supports up to 8 players.
8. If you have any ideas for things that are in the actual board game, The Game of Life that have yet to be added to the Scratch project, add them to this list!
Scratcher remix versions order:
0.0.14 - Not claimed yet
- Due by October 13, 2020
0.0.15 - Not claimed yet
- Due by October 20, 2020
0.0.16 - Not claimed yet
- Due by October 27, 2020
0.0.17 - Not claimed yet
- Due by November 3, 2020
0.0.18- Not claimed yet
- Due by November 10, 2020
0.0.19 - Not claimed yet
- Due by November 17, 2020
-More versions to be added as necessary-
IF ANYONE WHO CLAIMED A REMIX VERSION DOESN'T COMPLETE THEIRS BY THE DUE DATE, THEIR REMIX WILL BE UP FOR GRABS AGAIN AND THE DUE DATE OF THE VERSION AFTER IT WILL BECOME THAT VERSIONS NEW DUE DATE.
ALL OTHER LATER VERSIONS DUE DATES WILL BE PUSHED TO THE DUE DATES OF THE NEXT VERSION THAT FOLLOWS EACH VERSION, AS WELL.
The game is a collaboration between all of this studios managers and curators
Collaboration started by/original idea for the Scratch game by @miles854
Studio image/Game of Life Scratch Edition logo by @miles854