a counterpart to @chefmikleo's iridescent rp
hahaha, it's not a nebula picture thumbnail >:D i told you I had more BGs than just nebula pictures!! (all my studios i make have nebula thumbnails haha)
Did you think that only humans had powers? Naiive of you to consider that.
While Gifted humans were developing strange and fascinating powers, much of the same was happening among animals. Many people hunted them for their often exotic appearances and they were often caged and put on show. Others just wanted to poach them for their furs, horns, etc. Eventually, Gifted Animal Abuse laws were passed and the animal were allowed to roam free without such abuse. All Gifted animals were classified as endangered. Some, however, didn't let the law stop them...
In the wild, Gifted animals have an unfair advantage over normal ones [obviously]. Ungifted animals are reducing in population. Many ungifted animals avoid living in the same area as gifted animals so they can survive, hence creating communities of gifted predators hunting gifted prey.
- Don't make your character overpowered. Make sure to be at least mostly realistic!
- All powers have at least one weakness or limitation. Use this to prevent your character from being overpowered - the stronger the power, the more severe the weakness. The default is fatigue, where overuse of your power leads to tiredness/passing out. If your power is a physical feature (like Mika's pointy claws) then try to mention a downside of having that feature.
- I'd really appreciate a lack of unrealistic animals (unicorns, kirins, harpies, you get the idea)! If you make one, be prepared for me to be very critical and ask for logical reasons for each feature, or suggest a reason of my own if you need help with it!! I don't want to hinder your creativity whatsoever, but it'd be unpleasant for you as an RPer if your character had trouble mixing with others due to their unrealisticness.
If you have any questions, post your application and one of the moderators will review it and let you know.
- Strong language is allowed. If you're not okay with language, let the moderators know and they will put a (PG) next to your username in the studio description so others know not to use it.
- Don't kill someone else's character without permission. If you want to kill off a character, check with a studio manager and the character's owner beforehand.
- No powerplaying. Don't take over someone else's character - you shouldn't be saying the actions of a character you cannot control. If you're Character A, don't say "Character B walked away.".
- Only join if you know you are going to be active.
- Avoid metagaming. This is where someone's character acts based on out of character knowledge. For example, knowing another character's name despite your character not knowing of them.
- Make sure you're on board with the other person during combat scenes so you don't end the fight without their consent. OOC comments never hurt!
- On romance: Do as much as you want, but always make sure the other person is on board!
name / species [see rules for details] / gender / sexuality / power [you can make them powerless if you want to]/ weakness(power-related) / physical description + age / personality / backstory + place of residence or at least a general area
Haru / doe / teleportation @Starkittens1
Glass / weasel / Stretching/splitting tails
MK3 / Scientific android / flight
note- the android is not a life-form, so his power is an intentional part of his design and not the result of genes
Sindrik / Chameleon / M/ light manipulating skin (color change/glowing/invisibility type stuff) @-starryyeyed-
Mika / Dormouse / F/ not sure if it's a Gift, but she has pointy claws!!
Ohio / Swallow / M / powers of people he eats for 3 hours
Cori / Wolf / F / mind-reading @Amarillou
cream/blond siamese cat/ F / telekinesis / @Summerxstars