✪ WELCOME ✪
Welcome to the Journal & Pen! Here, aspiring writers gather to share thoughts, brainstorm ideas, get feedback, and learn writing techniques to improve their stories and others'. So grab your pen and paper, or open up a document on your computer, and let the writing begin!
✪ THIS WEEK'S EVENT ✪
SWC has started!! :D
✪ UPCOMING EVENTS ✪
- ✪ Feb. 25 - March 3: Making a Mystery Story (taught by @EA_Games_123)
- ✪ March 4 - 10: World Building
(taught by @Blood-And-Burn)
- ✪ March 11 - 17: Creating an Autistic Character (taught by @KittynABox)
- ✪ March 25 - March 31: Showing and Telling (taught by @smartcutecandy)
- ✪ April 1 - April 7: Creative Writing (taught by @EA_Games_123)
✪ WHAT TO DO HERE ✪
This studio is meant to be a place for writing to bloom. So, here are some activities:
- Share your writing in the comments section. Put your writing on Scratch, FictionPress, Wattpad, or another writing website, and leave a link for other writers to review your work.
- Give feedback to others. When writers post their writing, read it, and share your thoughts! Remember to be nice, and only give constructive criticism (if they ask for it).
- Brainstorm ideas. If you have a basic story idea outlined, but a few key details missing, chat with other writers in the comments to generate characters, names, plotlines, plot twists, and other things to improve your story.
- Post a small excerpt of your writing in the comments. Other writers can reply and add a few sentences on to your excerpt, to help you overcome your writer’s block.
- Participate in/teach Writing Lessons! More information on this below.
✪ WRITING LESSONS ✪
Each week or so, a Writing Lesson will be taught by a writer who has joined the studio. They will share tips in a certain area of writing (characters, setting, plot, word choice, titles, etc.). Think of it like a course – for a week, the teacher will share techniques and small assignments/activities for writers to complete and improve their work.
✪ TEACHING A WRITING LESSON ✪
In order to teach, ask in the comments! Post the weeks you are available/would like to teach, the topic, and a sample of your writing (unless you are already a member of the studio). When you create a project/comment/discussion forum with your lesson, be sure to share tips, explain in detail, and add activities or prompts that relate to your topic for other writers to participate.
Try to be specific and creative with your topic. For example, don't just go with "characters." Instead, do "character names" or "making your characters believable."
✪ PARTICIPATING IN A WRITING LESSON ✪
If there is a writing lesson currently going on, try the assignments the teacher gives! You don’t have to participate every day, if you don’t want to, but try to see how many you can do. Remember, the goal of the lessons are to improve your writing. You do not need to have joined the studio to participate.
✪ CURATING THE STUDIO ✪
If you want to curate, just ask!
✪ MANAGING THE STUDIO ✪
✪ EXTRA INFO ✪
Please keep all discussions in the comments and projects in the studio related to writing!! Anyone who breaks the rules continuously will be removed and asked to leave the studio. I hope it doesn’t come to that point. XD
Feel free to add projects, as long as they are writing or they are some sort of writing tutorial.
If you have any writing questions, ask, ask, ask! We want to hear them, and we’ll be happy to answer them. The purpose of this studio is bounce ideas off of each other and become better writers. Post your writing, we’ll read it and work with you to make it the best it can be. :D
The words in the thumbnail is the word "write" in different languages. I used Google Translate... I know it's not the most reliable source, so sorry if it's incorrect.