This is the studio used for discussing applicants, potential manager promotions, or otherwise special actions for The Forum Helpers studio.
The main studio is here:
If you would like to join The Forum Helpers, please go to the other studio (linked above) and fill in the application form provided.
Alternatively, if we see that you’re being helpful on the forums, we may invite you!
+++ Pending Applicants+++
With the current application and grading system, users who apply will be placed in a week-long "Application Pending" window. During this time, current Forum Helpers can discuss the applicant, and managers can object to the person joining. If a manager objects, it counts as up to two objections. If a curator objects, it counts as 1 objection. If after one week, there are less than four objections, then the user can be invited. Four objections are required for someone to be rejected.
If you are a curator, please write [Curator] at the start of your comment when discussing an applicant. If you are a manager, write [Manager].
The amount of objections an applicant has received will be put next to their name on the pending applicants list.
Curators are free to post an application in this studio for discussion.
+++ Pending Promotions +++
+++ Promotion Notes +++
1) Only a manager can request someone to be promoted.
2) If you wish to promote someone from curator to manager, please make your own comment thread to discuss the user's promotion.
3) If you believe someone should be promoted, say "support" and explain, if you are a manager. This will add one point to their vote.
4) If you do not believe a user should be promoted, you have the option of saying "no support" and explain why, on their application if you are a manager. This will not deduct any points from their vote.
5) Curators cannot vote for promotions, but they can provide their opinions in a constructive manner.
6) If a promotion request gets three manager votes, then the user is promoted by another manager!
7) When suggesting someone to be promoted, make sure to add their name to the pending promotions list and include the comment ID.
+++ Special Action Notes +++
A "special action" is a change to The Forum Helpers studio, whether small or big.
1) Curators and managers who believe a special action should be taken can make a new comment that shares their idea.
2) Only managers can vote on a special action, though curators can share their thoughts constructively.
3) The number of votes on how many votes it will take to get this implemented should be decided by a manager. Each special actions varies in its own ways, and should require different amounts of votes.
4) Managers, please decide on a reasonable amount of votes that a special action requires. Try to abide by three manager votes, but if it's a radical change like abolishing the grading system, for instance, that could require more votes.
5) If managers give the necessary amount of votes, then a special action is taken! The last manager to support a suggestion should implement it.
6) Curators can not vote on special actions, however they may provide their thoughts in a constructive matter.