~Anyone may join this RP, you don't need to ask~
Thumbnail made in Pixlr (with an image from google)
This RPG is inspired by a book of the same name.
The year is 2037.
Technology has not advanced far. In fact, quite the opposite. Because of climate change.
Storms are a part of daily life, and much of the modern world lies in ruins, leaving desolate husks of cities and desperate people. Daily Electricity is gone, thanks to powerful lightning storms.
Since the catastrophe that plunged the world into this state, people have taken to living in nomadic villages or shady communities built in the ruins of cities, living a rather modest life, or wandering far away. Chaos reins. Animals have escaped from zoos. Law and order is non-existent. But we have our lives.
That might be about to change.
A group of Raiders that call themselves 'the Tide' have acquired very advanced technology that may, in time, allow them to control the constant, deadly storms for their personal gain. If they succeed, many will die.
So, find a safe place while there's still time. Hide. Fight. It's your choice.
But whatever you do, remember this.
A storm is coming.
And unless someone does something, nothing will stop it.
Basically, this is an RP set in the future where, because of climate change, storms of all sorts, the kind depending on the 'regular' climate of where you live, have become part of daily life. People have taken to living in villages or wandering alone, scavenging through ruins to survive.
1. Follow all normal roleplaying etiquette.
2. No power-playing, UNLESS you get the other RPer(s) permission.
3. No, in ANY cases, create OP characters or Mary Sues. These are extremely annoying to fellow roleplayers.
4. You must fill out the bio to join.
5. Managers, feel free to add rules.
6. Make this set in the US please, preferably New York.
7. Magic is allowed...but ask permission of a manager and fellow roleplayers, and don't make it OP! Also, put some science behind it, and make an explanation.
(Sections marked with * are optional)
Occupation (scavenger, villager, etc):
Why are you looking? That's really all you need.
Nothing's going to happen.
Just create your character and stop reading, already.
Fine...if you've read this far, comment 'I'm a description stalker.' (xD)