★Welcome to Betta fish studio★
✨QOTW: How often should the water be changed In a Betta Tank?
|| Instructions ||
|| Rules ||
➼Be calm and peaceful
➼Do not fight with people with difference of opinion
➼Do no ask to f4f or follow on request
➼Do not advertise or spam
➼Do not add projects that are irrelevant
|| You are free to ||
➼Share your opinion
➼Chat with people
➼Share facts about Betta fish
How to Curate?
Ans:- Fill the form below!
=> Name (without @ , please do not share personal information)
=> Activity level from 1-10
=> Answer the QOTW
=>Promise to follow the Rules
How to Manage
=>Trusted people will be promoted for help ^^
Rules for Managers
➼Managers may follow the rules above
➼They may not add a person until and unless they fill the curator form above
➼They may not promote any body without my permission
How to add projects
Ans:-Just share the link of project relevant to the studio
About Betta fish :-
Betta fish belong to Asian subcontinents (eg:-Thailand )and they belong to the family Osphronemidae and they are closely related to fishes like Gouramis.
In wild these fishes live in slow-moving shallow water bodies like ponds and marshes , it is a myth that Betta fish live in mud puddles.
Betta fish are capable of breathing air in non-soluble form which means they do not require oxygen in water but in tanks you have to provide a filtration system and oxygen.
Male Bettas are devoted fathers and they will make a bubble nest for their babies and they will protect their eggs until they hatch.
Male Bettas in wild are territorial in nature and wouldn't let any other Betta in their territories but in captivity you can add fast fishes such as guppies , mollies , tetras , snails , shrimps , etc and female Bettas can live in a sorority tank which means you can add a group of them in a larger tank.
People keep Bettas in small cups , jars , bowls , etc and they suffer because of their capability of breathing air but they still need a tank , minimum of 5 gallons.
how to set up your tank:-
-You need to get at least 3 to 5 gallon tank with good filteration/oxygen/flow
-Get a sponge filter and add an air stone to it , it also has slower flow and it has more surface area to carry beneficial bacteria
-Add live plants like Java fern, frogbits , anubius nana petite or add decore from mature tank.
-Add quick start and water conditioner to the water and cycle it for about a week , plants and decore have beneficial bacteria so you may wait for lesser amount of time.
-Add tank mates or toys for enrichment
-Treat your Betta like a kid
- Yes this bacteria is your friend , the bacteria colonise in your tank after few days and they will convert your fish waste from ammonia to less harmful form nitrite which can be removed by water changes.
If you do not cycle your tank and add fish it can potentially harm your fish or you may get cloudy water which is nothing but explosion of bacteria
Betta Fish [Siamese fighting fish] needs:
- Filter to take out harmful bacteria and keep the water warm.
- Plants & Tiny decorations  This keeps you're betta fish happy. They like to explore their surroundings so if you add plants and small *ship wreak* decorations they will happily play around with it.
- Medium to Large tank  DO NOT keep bettas in bowls or cups. They will have a shorter and more un-happy life span that way. [at least 3 gallon tank]
- Food  You can feed your betta fish its flakes that you can get at local pet shops. But the best thing to feed them is both flakes and the once in a while veggies. [Peas, Mango , Spinach are all safe for betta fish].