This studio is dying, lets keep it alive!
Check out the tutorial here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/520187799/
NOTE: Although many iterative sphere ray tracers and raymarchers qualify, I would like more variety, and a such, may or may not accept certain submissions. -Zentient
PLEASE read the project requirements before asking.
Image Credit: @piano_miles
Table of Contents:
- What is a Shader?
- Project Requirements
- How to curate
- Become a manager
This is a studio for projects that calculate things on a per pixel basis. Which simply means a grid of pen dots.
What is a shader?
- A shader is a program that runs for every pixel on the screen. While this may seem complicated, some lists and a few parameters is the difference between a simple red screen and something truly amazing.
Suggestions? ask in the comments.
- Please add the tag: #shader
- It can be simple, it just needs to render in pixels.
- 99% pen visuals, no sprites except for settings and QOL.
- A grid of pen dots, it can rotate, or change size, but must be a grid.
- Can't be a One Line Challenge submission.
- Must have some form of movement, no static images (ray tracers, ray marchers, etc. are exempt from this rule, but only if they contain iterative sampling or recursive rendering.)
If it doesn't have movement, than it must be EXTREMELY unique.
- Projects that don't meet these requirements will be removed.
- No changing the description/title without explicit permission from @Zentient or @Sentient1776
- No changing the image without permission from @piano_miles
- No profanity
- No adding unrelated projects.
Want to curate?
You must have:
- At least two projects in this studio.
- Become a Scratcher.
- Become a follower of this studio.
- Asked, how will I know you want it if you don't say anything?
Want to be a manager?
- You must be somewhat regularly active.
- You must have 3 or more projects in the studio, and already be a curator.
- Then you just have to ask in the comments, providing links to three of your projects in the studio.