~ Hi! Welcome to Speed Draw Parallaxes! ~
Is this featured?! Okay- who proposed it-
Results are out for the speeddraw/parallax contest! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/524430741/
What is a speed draw?
- A speed draw is a video or animation of a drawing being drawn... except it's sped up to be more interesting!
What is a parallax?
- A parallax is different sprites going towards your mouse pointer- but not exactly to it, to make a sort of perspective.
What is a speed draw parallax?
- A speed draw parallax is where you speed draw the image on one sprite, and then hide that sprite and show all the parallax sprites, creating a speed draw that turns into a parallax!
How do I make a speed draw?
- All you need to do is create a sprite! Then, you decide on a landscape. Maybe under the ocean? Then, you start drawing, let's say, a fish. You draw a circle to start it. Then right click the costume, press DUPLICATE, and then edit the circle further on the next slide. Make sure each stroke, button, or edit gets its own costume. Sometimes you can make larger edits in one costume, too. Then, count the number of costumes once you've finished the drawing.
Go to the coding tab! Drag a when flag clicked block, and underneath it put a show block, followed by a "switch costume to ____". Change the costume to your first costume. Then drag a repeat ___ block underneath that. In the repeat block, put the amount of costumes you have minus one. So, if I have 20 costumes, I would put 19 in the repeat box. Then, drag a "next costume" block in there and a "wait __ second" block too. Change the wait 1 second to wait 0.01 or 0.1 seconds so it will be a little faster. Press the green flag and watch your speed draw!!
How do I make a parallax?
- There are different types of parallaxes, some have multiple different sprites moving towards your mouse closer or further away, and some have just one picture moving towards it. Let's start with one picture. Create a new sprite, and draw your picture. Then, go to the coding tab, and drag a when flag clicked block, followed by a forever. Go to the Motions Tab, and find a "go to x_ y_" and put that in the forever block. THEN, go to the OPERATIONS tab, and find the _/_ block. Drag it into the X and the Y spots.
Go to "Sensing" tab, and drag a Mouse x into the FIRST slot of the _/_ for the go to X part. So far you should have something like this:
go to x(mouse x / __) y(__/__)
Then, drag a "Mouse Y" block into the first slot of the __/__ for the y part.
x(mouse x / __) y(mouse y/__)
Now, in the second slot of BOTH division blocks, write in something from 10-30, depending on how close you want it to the mouse. If you want it to move a lot, closer to the mouse pointer, then make it a lower number. If you don't want it to move that much, for example it's further back in a landscape, then make it a higher number. Click the green flag and move around your mouse!
How do I make a speed draw parallax?
- First, make a speed draw!
Then, copy the last costume of the speed draw and paste it onto a new sprite. You can choose to use that picture as a parallax, or create separate parallax sprites. For either of those, after the speed draw code, add a wait one second block, followed by a hide block, and finally a broadcast ___ block. Add a new message, and name it anything you'd like. I normally name it Parallax. Then, go to the parallax sprite(s) and drag a when green flag clicked, and a hide block on there. Then, drag a "when I receive___" onto the parallax sprites and change the message to the message that broadcasts after the speed draw. Underneath that, add a show! Click the green flag, watch your speed draw, and then play around with the parallax! If you'd like, you can add some music. There is music of almost any kind here! https://bensound.com
Projects you can add~
- Speed draws
- Parallax speed draws
- Tutorials on any of the above
- Only add related projects
- Don't ask to be manager
- Don't remove projects or curators
- Don't change the description
- Don't change the title, thumbnail
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Follow community guidelines
- Respond to comments and have fun!!
- Fill out form if invited
-Don't re-add projects that you made, this will result in your removal
How to Curate~
Username (no @) // what kind of parallaxes/speed draws/speed draw parallaxes you like to make // link to a speed draw, parallax, or speed draw parallax you made (If you haven't made one, go make one!!) // Will you or will you not respond to at least five comments? // Link to favorite speed draw / parallax / speed draw parallax // what group(s) you want to join https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/28790429/ (up to four)
Our fine members and their fine groups: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/28790429/