'do you love me, real or not real? real.'
so i get a really big number of gale fans telling my why i like peeta and that he sucks. here is why i disagree and that i think gale is a giant idiot, i'll be mostly talking why peeta is great. i will also say a but why gale sucks,
1) saving katniss from dying
- One of peeta's most iconic moments in the series was when he tossed a starving Katniss two loaves of burnt bread. Common guys, he saved her from dying, now hah gale. She was dying in the alley behind his family's bakery and peeta purposefully burnt the bread he was baking in order to give her a chance at survival. But no good deed goes unpunished and peeta was badly beaten for burning the bread. Though Katniss was often jealous of the life that the merchant children lived, it is important to note that peeta, thought better off financially, did not come from a good home. hah beat that gale.
2) he comforted katniss
- In the same way that Prim existed to show the ways in which innocence can be used and manipulated by those who seek power at all costs, peeta existed within the series as the moral guide. While gale was constantly trying to lead Katniss astray, peeta was the rock that kept her grounded. Throughout the series, so many characters attempt to tell Katniss who and what to be; and few of those roles are healthy for her (or even safe.) He reminded her of the person that she was and the person that she wanted to be. So in a way he comforted her a lot and it helped her a lot. take that gale.
3) he is postive and shows good vibes
gale and peeta exist, within the series, as the symbols of the two different paths that a person can take after a traumatic event. Gale shows a person who was hurt by the world and believes that the world owes them something in return. That he was burned so the rest of the world should go up in flames. He allows his anger to consume him and manages his trauma by planning revenge. peeta, on the other hand, believes in the possibility of a better tomorrow. He believes in survival, rebirth, and the ability to make it out of the darkest places in our lives and get to the other side. By choosing Peeta, Katniss prioritizes healing over revenge and, by doing so, is able to begin the process of recovery for herself. (I tried writing at my most formal xd)
4) he is still traumatized but he helps katniss
- It is important to note that Peeta still struggled with his trauma after the end of the series. He still has nightmares, he still needs a reminder about what is and isn't real, and he will, most likely, be dealing with these things for the rest of his natural existence.
However, he does not let it prevent him from living his life and doing the things that he wants to do. He still has children, dedicates his time to his family and his hobbies, and plans on discussing the things that occurred during his youth with his kids when they come of age. He is not running. He is not angry. he is just himself and tries his best.
5) he bakes and it's yUm
- Peeta bakes. he makes carbs, give Katniss carbs yeaaa. He will always bake, Gale on tthe other hand just hunts, (but katniss can hunt) so take this gale. Also you will eat the best cakes in town. and ths is makes him even more likable.
6) he is romantic
- Taking away the fact that this might be the least genuine romantic moment in the trilogy, Peeta is a true romantic at heart. He pined after the same girl for ELEVEN YEARS! That’s either ridiculously insane or incredibly sweet. Either way, we’re so glad he fell in love with Katniss starting way back when he would hear her sing the Valley Song. so beat that gale-y!
7) he is kind
- Peeta is just so kind and note that
he helped so many people (unlike gale) and he was a good talker. he is kind with literally everybody and he believed in kindness.
peeta is also that daisy in the spring.
ALSO gale got mad at Katniis for ki$$ing Peeta even if they werent a couple
that is alll that fits and version 2 is coming out soon,! if you can't get enough! Then watch this amazing edit (not sponsored):