So, the fun stuff!
Most codegolfs are making some sort of algorithm or game using as few blocks as possible.
But this codegolf is making a game using blocks from the least amount of categories as possible.
For example, if you made a project with only Motion, Looks, Control, and Events blocks, that would use 4 block types.
The challenge is therefore, to make a Platformer using the least amount of block types possible.
Good Luck! (Details below)
Deadline: July 18th
First Place Prize: 3 follows to the winner + shoutout & bragging rights. And a sneak preview of one of the games I'm working on (Your choice)
- Must be able to move left/right
- Horizontal movement must have friction and smooth movement (eg Not just change x by 5)
- All collisions must be smooth and within a pixel or two (no bumps when hitting a wall or floor)
- Must have a color/hazard that kills you (moves you to start and stops all momentum)
- Must have at least two levels that can be beaten and must support up to 10 levels
- Must have a bouncy color that launches you higher than your jump
- Use common sense, don't look for loopholes in these rules
- Questions? Ask @04tmoody
No copying other's code. If you want to make sure your idea is safe, share it last minute.
In case of a tie, 04tmoody will pick based on how laggy the engine is, how practical it is, when it was made, and how simple it is.
Official List of Block Types:
Text To Speech
LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
LEGO Education WeDo 2.0
Go Direct Force & Acceleration
Once again, thank you all SOOO much for your support and appreciation, it means a lot.