Thumbnail by @_-Poisonous-_ , @Fireflythirteensix , and @DragonOfPyrrhia
Location: Boise, Idaho
The power core is melting down. Most of the stored Prehistorics are still hooked up to the revivors. Joy brushes off all the warnings and attempts to shut the whole thing down.
The blast shakes the lab, not with radiation or heat, just a powerful force. Almost like a sonic boom.
We were blown backwards. Something strange must've happened that day. Because ever since then... some of the children born aren't very normal.
About twenty years ago a bunch of science dudes overworked their lab that revived prehistoric things, and about half of the people who were unborn at the time now have a piece of them that is a little feral and connects to one of the prehistorics. About 10% of these special kids have mutations relating to their updated DNA, and all with the mutated DNA have an unspoken connection and ability to tame the prehistoric they're connected to.
Oh, isn't it fun, to have the states, Canada, and Mexico decimated by that blast. Building-wise.
The government was overthrown by Anti-animal cruelty groups, and now these prehistoric-mutations are living in collapsed towns and cities and trying to live a normal life while wild prehistorics roam and tamers try to help rebuild a society with normal people.
Some of them. Some self-centered child with an oversized Rex crushed the place I was born. Me and Pablo have to leave again.
Now's your chance.
Fight back, live a good life, try to rebuild what's fallen. Overcome your mutations, taming abilities, or the fact that you don't have any.
When you sign up you can request to be a tamer, but it's based on random chance whether or not you become one (I set up a system in random.org heh)
*TAMERS MUST BE BETWEEN NINETEEN AND ZERO!*
Name (First and Last) // Gender // Age // Want to be a tamer? // Townsperson (Stays in same spot) or Nomad (Travels) // Basic appearance // Two positive personality traits // Two negative personality traits // Sentimental belonging // Clothing style // Siblings/parents? // Occupation/Hobby/Way of making money
1. Be kind and flexible. Don't be frustrated if your chain is moving slowly.
2. Do not curse.
3. Hate the character, not the creator.
4. Don't ignore a character with a weak partner. They could make very cute relationships and businesses, not to mention all tamers are amazing!
5. Don't beg me for a cool dino/tamer position/mutation. It's entirely random.
6. If you read the rules, sneak the word "home" into your bio. This confirms your mutation in a tamer.
7. This takes place in Mexico, Canada, and the USA, where most buildings have collapsed. Feel free to reference things that would've existed in them.
8. If you get a water dino, please take into consideration where your character would live, because they'd probably want to be by the ocean/river to care for their partner(s)
9. If you are a tamer and get an unfamiliar dino, research it! It can really add excitement to the RP if you understand what the dino would eat, where it would live, and how it would respond to people getting close to their tamer.
10. Dinos are probably going to be relatively young, thirty at the oldest due to the lab not being the oldest either.
11. Entering the lab is not allowed yet. I'm going to make that a special thing for common RPers.
12. Have funn
13. You don't have sexuality in the bio because it's unrelated, we're romance-free because my last RP got removed for being romantic :'O
(Timewise, each day is a week, except in long RP chains.)