The "Slice of Me" studio is a studio where all scratchers can express themselves.
As the name implies, it's like a cake. This cake is divided up into pieces, each one being a different person. And this isn't a cake with heavy, thick, frosting and sprinkles and all sorts of sugar, but it also isn't a cake with no toppings. Each person's slice is a small aspect of them, not too much, but not too little. It's kind of poetic.
Life has it's beauties, and this studio is meant to highlight that. It's meant for you to show everyone who YOU are, but not too much of you. Just enough for people to see your personality, while still having room for everybody else's personality. Again, it's a slice of your life. Not a whole cake. If you have any questions, contact one of the managers. And remember, this studio cannot be made possible without your slice. Just like in a cake, every slice matters.
To make it easy for everyone to know what time stuff happens, all news it in UTC/GMT time. If you don't know your time zone, check it here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/357178520/
Want to join the Slice Of Me conversation? Go to our forum:
Want to keep up with the studio? Follow @SliceOfMeOfficial
Want to be a manager? Apply here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/360795557/
If you want to know more, continue reading for the studio news, ideas/suggestions, rules, about being a manager, miscellaneous things, and studio credits
(1/19/20 5:25 by @AlphaZ3ro)
Official Studio Account Created
The studio officially has an account now! It will be run by the managers of the studio. On this account currently in a manager application. If you have any questions, comments, or anything else, feel free to post them on their profile!
The account is @SliceOfMeOfficial.
- Add a project that
- Voices your interests
- Is your favorite of your own
- Shows your creativity or skill
- Demonstrates your
- Makes you unique
- Add a comment that
- Shows curiosity about this
- Asks to join this studio
- Tells us if anything about this
studio confuses you
- Starts a fun, interesting,
or inclusive discussion
- Talks about something you
- Talks about a problem that
you have/are seeking help with
- Picks up someone's day
- Inspires people
- Gives people a slice of you
(Don't get too carried away)
- The rules apply to everyone who comments, adds a project, joins the studio as a curator or manager, etc.
- The breaking of these rules will result in being removed from the studio and being reported if you broke the scratch rules.
- This studio will follow the scratch guidelines
- Hate will not be tolerated. This includes otherizing, verbally abusing, racism, sexism, ageism, antisemitism, antifeminism, fascism, etc.
- Constructive criticism is ok but just telling somebody that there project is bad is not.
- As a member of this studio you may add one project; it should be your own. Choose wisely: Your project should reflect you more than your other projects. If you want to add more than one, make sure that you check with the managers.
- No advertising; pretty straightforward
- Do not ask to be manager, use the application
- Do not delete any projects except one's that you've added.
- Do not invite or remove people.
- Have fun!
All about the managers:
Currently the managers are
The manager pact:
As managers of this studio we promise to keep everyone's interests in mind, support everyone, uphold the rules, and be role models for everyone.
Rules that managers have to follow (call us out if we're not)
- All managers must follow these rules (no exceptions)
- Breaking any of these rules will result in demotion to curator
- We must follow the manager pact.
- We do not get to be dictators.
- We must follow all of the studio rules unless otherwise specified under "Rights that managers have".
- You cannot justify doing something in this studio with "because I'm a manager".
- Keep the news updated
Rights managers have:
- You may add or delete as many projects as you want as long as you have proper justification
- You may invite or kick out as many people as you want
- Telling people what to do (obviously within reason and as long as they follow their rules)
- You may add two projects instead of one, and more if @AlphaZ3ro gives you permission.
- Idea by @AlphaZ3ro
- Created by @AlphaZ3ro on January 17, 2020
- Written Content by @AlphaZ3ro and @acooperw2018
- Written Content revised and edited by (list names)
- Placeholder thumbnail from http://wowfundraising.com/images/products/12-slice-variety-cheesecake.jpg