Discuss Scratch

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are drawings of anthropomorphic characters without clothes allowed?

This might seem like a strange question, but someone on DeviantArt who has a scratch account made a project with a reference sheet of their fursona, and the fursona didn’t have any kind of clothes so that her markings were visible. There wasn’t any inappropriate details at all, except for non-detailed breasts as the character was female. But then the project was removed for being “inappropriate”, and when she contacted the scratch team they didn’t help her at all and just said something along the lines of “some things might be offensive to people that aren’t offensive to you” without explaining what was wrong with the drawing and how it could be allowed. Then she modified the drawing and replaced the breasts with fluff, and it got removed again for being “inappropriate” even though she had removed the part that was “inappropriate”.

So this raises the question, does this mean that drawings of anthropomorphic/furry characters without clothes, even if the image isn’t detailed and is just fur, aren’t allowed? Because there wasn’t anything bad about the image, and the one part that could be considered “bad” she removed, but the project was still deleted.

I don’t want to say her name because I don’t want to “name and shame” and that stuff, but I just want to know…. is art like this okay? Because most of the anthropomorphic animal art I see features characters not wearing clothes, but that’s typically because they’re covered and fur and aren’t truly “naked”…

Tldr
My friend posted a drawing of their fursona but it was removed for being “inappropriate” and she removed the one thing that could be considered “inappropriate” but the project was removed again. I want to know if drawings of furry characters without clothes on aren’t allowed because of that situation. And if furries without clothes are allowed, is it bad for someone to draw a female furry character with non-detailed breasts?

Yes, I made those Gen-5 styled Mimikyus myself.
garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This hasn't been taken down yet, so most likely. (OC tab)

garnetluvcookie

| 1,000+ Posts | Girl | Anime | 8-13 | garnet | PROUD Mini-Mod | 50+ Follows | 5+ Months | Sailor Moon | ACNH | Minecraft | Scratch |
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I mean, the scratch cat and gobo and giga never seem to have clothes on…

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy |platformers | 14yrs | guitar

Wow! you must have Boomer001's user style that lets you scroll on siggys, nice!
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

--Explosion-- wrote:

I mean, the scratch cat and gobo and giga never seem to have clothes on…
But their bodies are more cartoony, with furries their bodies are a bit more human-like

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It depends on how “realistic” it was. If it was more like this, consider me shocked. If it was more cartoony, consider me appalled at the Scratch Team. If it was less, consider me appalled at your friend.

temporary signature until i think of something better to put moment am I rite gamers
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

It depends on how “realistic” it was. If it was more like this, consider me shocked. If it was more cartoony, consider me appalled at the Scratch Team. If it was less, consider me appalled at your friend.
Yeah, the image was pretty much like that. Except for the character was shown with non-detailed breasts in order to show it’s a female character. Once it got removed, they edited the image so it was replaced with chest fluff but it was removed again.

squarepoint
Scratcher
81 posts

does S A N I C have clothes?

Some memes there - check em out | currently working on a cloud shooter | /;=== this moist hunter keeps kumquats away
Col_Cat228
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Col_Cat228 wrote:

I mean- something like this would definitly need clothes
Yeah, it was much more cat-like than that

I don’t want to post her image here to respect her privacy, but maybe I could create a mock-up of what I’m referring to?

-Exphire-
Scratcher
500+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

Col_Cat228 wrote:

I mean- something like this would definitly need clothes
Yeah, it was much more cat-like than that

I don’t want to post her image here to respect her privacy, but maybe I could create a mock-up of what I’m referring to?
I think that would help me decide…

————–^———–^———————————
————/—\——–/—\——————————-
——-|—————————–|———————/\ What's a stick?
—–|——(——-)—(—–)——–|—————–/—| If you last a week without saying “support”
—-|——-(—0–)—(—0-)———|————–/—-/ in the forums, you get a siggy shout-out.
—-|—————\/——————-|————/—-/ @Opaline is the first master of the challenge!
—–|———–…|…—————–|———–/—-/
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

(picture of tails)

Yeah, the image was pretty much like that. Except for the character was shown with non-detailed breasts in order to show it’s a female character. Once it got removed, they edited the image so it was replaced with chest fluff but it was removed again.

You mean, something like Sally Acorn?

Well, if your anthro-animal has a very humanoid figure, then that could come off like average human nudity, which is objectionable. To be honest, I think post-reboot Sally Acorn was given full clothes because her pre-reboot look was probably straddling the line.

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (Aug. 3, 2020 02:21:56)

~ BOW TO OUR SAVIOR SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ~

(WE ARE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. CUBEUPLOAD IS DOWN. MEANWHILE, ENJOY THIS:)

Hmmm…