Discuss Scratch

op1298
Scratcher
66 posts

Why is there mostly games on scratch?

Probably cause they like games.

Press Ctrl+Shift+Down after highlighting some of my signature to see the rest of my signature.
when green flag clicked
make my first ever project in the ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((world) :: reporter events) :: reporter control) :: reporter variables) :: reporter list) :: reporter custom) :: reporter sound) :: reporter looks) :: reporter motion) :: reporter sensing) :: reporter operators) :: reporter pen) :: reporter events) :: reporter control) :: reporter variables) :: reporter list) :: reporter custom) :: reporter sound) :: reporter looks) :: reporter motion) :: reporter sensing) :: reporter operators) :: reporter pen) :: reporter events) :: reporter control) :: reporter variables) :: reporter list) :: reporter custom) :: reporter sound) :: reporter looks) :: events
I have a big decision to make

Disclaimer: This is a big joke, so do not report me.
ROAD TO 100 FOLLOWERS!
██░░░░░░░░░ 10%

ROAD TO 100 FOLLOWERS!
(:: reporter motion)(:: reporter motion)(:: reporter)(:: reporter)(:: reporter)(:: reporter)(:: reporter)(:: reporter)(:: reporter)(:: reporter)(:: reporter) 10% :: operators
garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is your question?

garnetluvcookie

| 1,000+ Posts | Girl | Anime | 8-13 | garnet | PROUD Mini-Mod | 50+ Follows | 5+ Months | Sailor Moon | ACNH | Minecraft | Scratch |
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That, and also because this is a coding website. Do you put more coding in an animation or a game? A game.

garnetluvcookie wrote:

What is your question?
Why is there mostly games on Scratch…

This is my signature, which automatically appears under my posts. I'm not advertising, I'm just posting.
To change your signature, go to Discussion Home and scroll all the way down where you should see “Change your signature.” Click that, make your signature whatever you want it to be, click the gray “submit” button at the bottom and you're done!

What's a stick?.

Be moist

#SAVECUBEUPLOAD

DimensionDragon
Scratcher
11 posts

A large portion of the animators/artists left after 3.0 came out, but I think most people just find it fun to code games.
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I like to code games because they are fun to play. I enjoy the process of creating games and playing them and playing other scratchers' games as well.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy |platformers | 14yrs | guitar

Wow! you must have Boomer001's user style that lets you scroll on siggys, nice!
garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

That, and also because this is a coding website. Do yoTheu put more coding in an animation or a game? A game.

garnetluvcookie wrote:

What is your question?
The OP literally answered their own question.

garnetluvcookie

| 1,000+ Posts | Girl | Anime | 8-13 | garnet | PROUD Mini-Mod | 50+ Follows | 5+ Months | Sailor Moon | ACNH | Minecraft | Scratch |
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

garnetluvcookie wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

That, and also because this is a coding website. Do yoTheu put more coding in an animation or a game? A game.

garnetluvcookie wrote:

What is your question?
The OP literally answered their own question.
Not really. They said “probably” which indicates that they don't know for sure.

This is my signature, which automatically appears under my posts. I'm not advertising, I'm just posting.
To change your signature, go to Discussion Home and scroll all the way down where you should see “Change your signature.” Click that, make your signature whatever you want it to be, click the gray “submit” button at the bottom and you're done!

What's a stick?.

Be moist

#SAVECUBEUPLOAD

KittyFireSt0rm
Scratcher
500+ posts

I personally do more art/animation than games, but I assume it's because games can be popular and fun, and they can be a lot more original than quite a few of the games that always end up on the front page

How to rickroll / Best VHS tape ever XD / INFP-T / She/Her / Too many fandoms / Chaotic Neutral / Be Awesome / Winterwatcher / Solangelo / Jaymoon / Always has a dozen tabs open /

Spearchill / Tempail / Dovefall / Straight Ally / Forum Helper / KittyFireSt0rm
gilbert_given_189
Scratcher
100+ posts

Most people that use Scratch treat Scratch as a game, so what that they make is well, games.

If you see a line above this text, it means that below this text is my signature.
I had a set of sentences I use to fix someone's mistake when posting.
I'm still improving my English. If you find a small grammar error, notify me!
define multiply (r1)+(i1)i with (r2)+(i2)i 
set [real v] to (((r1) * (r2)) - ((i1) * (i2))) // this is in a signature! don't copy it!
set [imaginary v] to (((r1) * (i2)) + ((r2) * (i1)))
HW_Games
Scratcher
500+ posts

Because its easy to get popular when you make games.

Why y'all making it wosre
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's because it's a programming language, and it programming games seems to be the most fitting thing to do with it.

yes i know the virtual boy released a month ago in japan but i live in North America
sadly forthington must go, but for a temporary signature he overstayed his welcome
I'm not that happy with this one and might flesh it out over the course of a week
scratchykit5743
Scratcher
500+ posts

answer: because people like makin' em, DUH.

from scratchykit

dedicated switch and 3DS gamer, amateur coder, sprite backpacker, raspberry pi user (occasionally), animal crossing, smash bros., and pokemon lover, bookworm, forum mini-mod, and your average 7th grader.

ctrl+shift+down to see more!

(OwO)

this up here is kimikat. she protects my siggy from evil kumquats.

YAY! I JUST HIT 500+ POSTS! TIME TO BE A TRUE MINIMOD!
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

op1298 wrote:

Probably cause they like games.

Not really seeing a question here.

Games are a great start to a programming language. I found trying to make animations or art projects really boring. Making games that test strategy and imagination have been really fun for me. Once I got into games, I found animations a bit more tolerable, as I got used to the blocks that I coded the games with.

It may be just me. But that's how I got started.

Hello! I'm an AI creator, sprite ripper, sprite artist, Shovel Knight fan, Mega Man fan, Star Wars fan, pizza lover, cutscene and speech designer, and gaming enthusiast. Also, please, call me by my nickname, SSB20. Don't forget to be moist , and what's a stick?

| SSB20 Fan Club | ᴍᴏɴᴀʀᴄʜʏ ᴏғ ᴍᴏɪsᴛ sᴛᴜᴅɪᴏ | Propose Projects To Be Moist | Lists of Suggestions |
| ♦ Playability ♦ | Monarchy of Moist Topic | The Underrated Studio | How SSB20 Are You? |
| How Well Do You Know SSB20? | SSB20's AI Library |

What on earth are you doing here?

Nothing here, sorry.

Yeah, fine. You earn a free pie!

Feel free to tell me that you had the pie on one of my projects, like this one!
Kokichi__Oma
Scratcher
7 posts

HW_Games wrote:

Because its easy to get popular when you make games.

Me and my friend got popular doing strictly animation memes. Games take way too much time and I'm one of those people who simply don't have thw patience to make them, while I can sorta draw so that's what I do.

I am Kokichi Oma, the Ultimate Supreme leader! this is my signature. you can follow me if you want but i'm moving accounts and I don't post much so what's the point? I e x i s t
Byron_Inc
Scratcher
100+ posts

*This post comes from my brain, with literally no proof at all.*

1. Actually, the ST didn't even thought that Scratch will have animation projects.
2. When I first heard coding, I thought this: coding = game-making.
3. There's better place for animating, so a lot of people moved. I myself was considering that too (I mostly make animations now)

Last edited by Byron_Inc (July 15, 2020 07:54:13)

Generation 379: The first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment. I did not start this.
About me: (¤¤ :: custom reporter) (Moist :: extension reporter) (Posts 0 [#fff000][#ffe100][#ffd200][#ffc300][#ffb400][#ffa500][#ff9600][#ff8700][#000000][#000000] 500 :: sensing reporter) :: pen stack // That's my kumquat-proof Nay and my milestones. 
Follow by clicking this link and slam the blue button until you broke your screen or it is gray, whichever comes first.
Scratch on! Be moist!
By Byr- Nom nom nom…
Nay! Where's Nay? Nevermind, I brought a new army.
 good kumquats: (^^ :: motion reporter) (●● :: looks reporter) (■■ :: events reporter) (♤♡◇♧ :: control reporter) (☆☆ :: variables reporter) (▪~▪ :: list reporter) (○○ :: operators reporter) (□□ :: sound reporter) Stop kumquats! :: sensing stack
jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How many other types of projects can you think of?
Most of them can be put into a game.

Hi there, I'm jettypumpkin07. This is my signature, which magically appears below every post I make.
Here are some of the things I've been working on lately. Click on an image below to try one of my best projects!
I had more stuff to put here, but one of those Evil Kumquats came along and took a big chomp out of it. :(
TheTeacher11
Scratcher
100+ posts

Actually, there's still a lot of artists and animators on scratch, you probably just haven't heard of most of them (probably because you make games).

Edit- Links to some examples i guess? lemon_sparkles -BitmapArtist- TheBananimator Cattii Laminae SmolDoodler skywalk02 Wanderlush rlptlde GreenCuzImToxic HuskyHL7 There's a lot more

Edit 2- a lot of them are kinda obsessed with warrior cats or make some kind of aesthetics

Last edited by TheTeacher11 (July 15, 2020 15:42:58)

LilGloGlo_76
Scratcher
72 posts

…Because it is a coding website. Coding is in games…
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LilGloGlo_76 wrote:

…Because it is a coding website. Coding is in games…
Coding is also in animations.

What's a stick?.

Be moist

#SAVECUBEUPLOAD