Discuss Scratch

Col_Cat228
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

From what i knew, deleted accounts cannot be recovered. And this implies that a user whose account has been deleted by the Scratch Team due to a ban, that person cannot be un-banned, nor fill in a ban appeal. But then i found multiple sources saying that kaj was invited back to Scratch, and to end Za-Chary saying this:

Za-Chary wrote:

Sure, if they chose to appeal the ban just like everyone else.
Kaj's account is deleted, so their ban did lead to an account deletion. But they can write a ban appeal and get unbanned.
That implies that when a ban leads to an account deletion, the deleted account can be recovered. Please explain, Scratch Team.
LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

Maybe, the ban appeal was about having permission to access scratch again with a new account or something!

Hello! I'm LankyBox01!
I love helping people! So, if you have any problem, feel free to ask!
I also make awesome games! please check them out!
1.LankyBox Clicker!
2.The LankyBox Quiz!
3.LankyBox ColorBook!
^-v-^ ::boolean sensing//This is sammy! He's going to protect me from the evik Kumwuats!
ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS - 1700+ POSTS FROM NOW! LET'S GO!
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 22.5%

S̷a̶d̷d̷l̶l̶l̶l̶l̷l̷l̴y̷ ̸t̶h̴i̵s̵ ̷ ̵p̴a̵r̵t̵ ̶o̷f̶ ̸m̸y̵ ̷s̸i̶g̴ggggggn̷a̴t̷u̵r̶e̶ ̶g̵o̵t̸ ̵h̴a̴l̶f̶-̵e̵a̵t̸e̷n̷ ̵b̵y̵ ̷a̸n̵ ̶e̶v̸i̸l̵ ̵k̴u̷m̶w̴u̷a̴t̶ ̶a̶n̷d̸ ̶g̵o̴t̵ ̸c̴o̶r̸r̷u̵p̶teeeeed̴!̴!̴
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

The Scratch Team can undelete accounts. When an account is deleted information about it is not lost – the account's projects are just unshared and the profile page becomes inaccessible.

You are reading Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures
Click here to make pixel art.
Be strong
2.5k+ posts!

Paddle2See wrote:

It's impressive how many suggestions are duplicates!
Col_Cat228
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

Maximouse wrote:

The Scratch Team can undelete accounts. When an account is deleted information about it is not lost – the account's projects are just unshared and the profile page becomes inaccessible.
So it is possible to recover a deleted account
jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

Kaj's story is a bit different. He never really applied to get the account unbanned and instead sent an e-mail to the Scratch Team saying they were bored of Scratch and wanted to do other things instead.

Hi there, I'm jettypumpkin07. This is my signature, which magically appears below every post I make.
Here are some of the things I've been working on lately. Click on an image below to try one of my best projects!
I had more stuff to put here, but one of those Evil Kumquats came along and took a big chomp out of it. :(
Col_Cat228
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

Kaj's story is a bit different. He never really applied to get the account unbanned and instead sent an e-mail to the Scratch Team saying they were bored of Scratch and wanted to do other things instead.
I know, but the ST said that they asked if kaj wanted their account back. Kaj didn't, but if they did, the ST would've un-deleted the account, which means that deleted accounts can be restored
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

Your account can be undeleted if it was deleted due to a ban. When an account is deleted by moderation, all that happens is they restrict the users profile page to admins only.

hey guys check out this platformer which is totally not me just roasting people who make platformers
Col_Cat228
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

Your account can be undeleted if it was deleted due to a ban. When an account is deleted by moderation, all that happens is they restrict the users profile page to admins only.
Cool
Misty_Air
Scratcher
57 posts

Bans with Account Deletion

I think if you delete your account yourself but sign into it again the next day, it would be recovered. I hope this helps.

Hi! I have 2 months of experience in scratch( on different accounts). I love helping out, answering questions, and making projects! If you have any questions, please ask.
Have a nice day
HW_Games
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

Misty_Air wrote:

I think if you delete your account yourself but sign into it again the next day, it would be recovered. I hope this helps.
I think it gives you 48 hours to log back in.

Why y'all making it wosre
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bans with Account Deletion

HW_Games wrote:

Misty_Air wrote:

I think if you delete your account yourself but sign into it again the next day, it would be recovered. I hope this helps.
I think it gives you 48 hours to log back in.
It gives you 3 days.

This is my signature, which automatically appears under my posts. I'm not advertising, I'm just posting.
To change your signature, go to Discussion Home and scroll all the way down where you should see “Change your signature.” Click that, make your signature whatever you want it to be, click the gray “submit” button at the bottom and you're done!






What's a stick?.


Be moist








#SAVECUBEUPLOAD






Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile