Discuss Scratch

AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
500+ posts

Protocol for Using Scratch Cloud APIs

So, I'm thinking about using RSS feeds and the Scratch Node.js cloud API to attempt to create a system to provide live updates on the Demo-2 launch this Saturday. I just would like to know of the protocol to ensure that this is safe for the community and does not break the guidelines before working to create a working version. By “protocol”, I simply mean the steps I must take to ensure that this does not break the community guidelines. However, there is an issue I can think of that might lead to it being completely against the guidelines which I would like help to prevent from happening: if I can update the cloud data with API, so can another user.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

set [variable v] to [true]
if <<I finally learned how to do a signature :: sensing> = <variable :: variables>> then
set [response v] to [YES!!!!!]
end
say (show::looks stack) for (stop [all v]::cap) secs
Ezlambry
Scratcher
100+ posts

This sounds more like an Advanced Topics post than something that goes into Questions about Scratch, so I'll report for it to get moved.

Hello! My name is Ezlambry! I've been using Scratch since 2014.
Sadly, the rest of my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat. I strongly dislike evil kumquats.
AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ezlambry wrote:

This sounds more like an Advanced Topics post than something that goes into Questions about Scratch, so I'll report for it to get moved.
Okay. I did it in “Questions About Scratch” since it is really mainly about the guidelines pertaining to this sort of thing.

set [variable v] to [true]
if <<I finally learned how to do a signature :: sensing> = <variable :: variables>> then
set [response v] to [YES!!!!!]
end
say (show::looks stack) for (stop [all v]::cap) secs
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This should not be a problem, because there are already projects that do this, like https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/393676102/ (which shows data from Wikipedia).

You are reading Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures
Click here to make pixel art.
Be strong

My forum stats