Discuss Scratch

A-E-
Scratcher
100+ posts

HTML Build and HTMLifier: Make apps from Scratch projects.

I made a new tool called HTML Build that auto-generates Linux, Mac, and Windows apps from an HTML file. To make an app, use the HTMLifier, then upload the HTMLified project and an icon ( in PNG format ) to https://html-build.glitch.me/, type in a name, click build, and wait. And wait. And wait. Status messages are logged to the console. When it's done, it will download a zip file. In that zip, there are 3 more, for Linux, Mac, and Windows respectively. Run the file in your platform's zip that sounds most like “nw” or “nwjs”. People on Linux and Mac, please tell me if it works on your platform.

How It Works
This is a web app that downloads zip files from the nw.js servers, and adds the necessary files with jszip. No information is sent to any servers. I hope you all find this useful!
Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sorry, doesn't work. Keeps crashing my browser page.

???

(- ͜-) // This is mister sneaky. He projects my siggy against evil kumquats. 
// Do you see error 666 above? That was an evil kumquat. But mister sneaky turned him into error 666.
// His name is that because its at the bottom of my siggy; very sneaky...

Be moist

A-E-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Boomer001 wrote:

Oof. It uses a lot of RAM, because it stores 3 versions of nw.js in memory at once, and builds them all in parallel.
Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A-E- wrote:

Boomer001 wrote:

Oof. It uses a lot of RAM, because it stores 3 versions of nw.js in memory at once, and builds them all in parallel.
You should add checkboxes, because, for example, someone is a Windows user, and he does not need the Mac or Linux app.

???

(- ͜-) // This is mister sneaky. He projects my siggy against evil kumquats. 
// Do you see error 666 above? That was an evil kumquat. But mister sneaky turned him into error 666.
// His name is that because its at the bottom of my siggy; very sneaky...

Be moist

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Does the HTML file need to be a converted Scratch project or should others work?
A-E-
Scratcher
100+ posts

R4356th wrote:

Does the HTML file need to be a converted Scratch project or should others work?
Others work too!
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wow! I'll try this!
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A-E- wrote:

R4356th wrote:

Others work too!
Great!
apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

I would love to use this, but CORS policy is blocking the fetch for Windows and Mac nw.js

Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

Erin // She/Her Pronouns // Pansexual // Wicca Enthusiast
apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

apgonscratch wrote:

I would love to use this, but CORS policy is blocking the fetch for Windows and Mac nw.js

Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?
I did some Googling and found this in the Mozilla Developer's site or whatever it's called:

“The response to the CORS request is missing the required Access-Control-Allow-Origin header, which is used to determine whether or not the resource can be accessed by content operating within the current origin.”

Not sure if there's anything I can do about this on my end as I'm not familiar with this stuff, but hopefully this is fixed sometime soon.

Erin // She/Her Pronouns // Pansexual // Wicca Enthusiast
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maybe the Windows and Mac nw.js .zips could be predownloaded by you and put on your website to bypass the CORS policy, if that's legal. It seems that only the Linux .zip is hosted on Glitch's CDN servers, which allow for cross-origin requests

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This, my signature, appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
A-E-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oh, the CDN I was using is down. I'll fix that today.