Discuss Scratch

ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

So earlier, I was viewing a WIP project for April Fools Day that i had not posted yet. Anyways, I was making some characters and had no code yet. When I got out of Editor Mode…something was wrong. There was a little red dot (Which means its using your microphone) and i knew what it meant. IT WAS RECORDING MY VOICE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING???

Last edited by ihackdacode (March 31, 2020 22:25:12)


A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!
HyperGamerStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

yOUR COMPUTER COULD BE BEING HACKED BY MALWARE

Check out my “Several Trashy Nights” game series!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW MOST POPULAR GAME FLAPPY BIRD!!! IT WAS FRONT-PAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GRIFFPATCH VIEWED IT TOO!!!!!!) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/380783037/
ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

No No NoNo No No NO NO NO It..it couldn't be malware…I haven't gone on anything not safe or downloaded anything not safe.
when green flag clicked
change y by (PANIC)

A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!
HyperGamerStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

MALWARE CAN COME FROM OTHER PEOPLE;S COMPUTERS THAT LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE; IT CAN INFECT YOUR WIFI NETWORK

Check out my “Several Trashy Nights” game series!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW MOST POPULAR GAME FLAPPY BIRD!!! IT WAS FRONT-PAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GRIFFPATCH VIEWED IT TOO!!!!!!) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/380783037/
ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

HyperGamerStudios wrote:

MALWARE CAN COME FROM OTHER PEOPLE;S COMPUTERS THAT LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE; IT CAN INFECT YOUR WIFI NETWORK
Oh noes…I mean, only 2 computers and 2 phones use our network…but still what if they somehow got malware?
when [ihackdacode gets on scratch] make him worry
say [AHHHHHH I MIGHT HAVE MALWARE AHHH]

Last edited by ihackdacode (April 1, 2020 00:26:49)


A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!
HyperGamerStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

DOWNLOAD ANTIVIRUS AVAST IS GOOD AND THEN SCAN YOUR COMPUTER AND IF IT FINDS ANYTHING TAKE IT TO AN ELECTRONICS SHOP SO THEY CAN REMOVE THE VIRUS

Check out my “Several Trashy Nights” game series!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW MOST POPULAR GAME FLAPPY BIRD!!! IT WAS FRONT-PAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GRIFFPATCH VIEWED IT TOO!!!!!!) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/380783037/
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

You can design Scratch projects to interact with the microphone via the loudness block. Are you sure you didn't accidentally just toggle this ability in your project by accident?

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

HyperGamerStudios wrote:

DOWNLOAD ANTIVIRUS AVAST IS GOOD AND THEN SCAN YOUR COMPUTER AND IF IT FINDS ANYTHING TAKE IT TO AN ELECTRONICS SHOP SO THEY CAN REMOVE THE VIRUS
i can't. i use the GRCA homeschool and they sent me a PC so its not like i can download stuff.

A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!
ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

cheddargirl wrote:

You can design Scratch projects to interact with the microphone via the loudness block. Are you sure you didn't accidentally just toggle this ability in your project by accident?
Uh…"Anyways, I was making some characters and had no code yet"
I'm very worried rn.

Last edited by ihackdacode (April 1, 2020 20:55:38)


A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!
HyperGamerStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

ihackdacode wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

You can design Scratch projects to interact with the microphone via the loudness block. Are you sure you didn't accidentally just toggle this ability in your project by accident?
Uh…"Anyways, I was making some characters and had no code yet"
I'm very worried rn.
oH, THAT MAKES SENSE, SCHOOL COMPUTERS CAN BE ACCESSED BY THE SCHOOL INCLUDING MICROPHONE OR CAMERA

Check out my “Several Trashy Nights” game series!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW MOST POPULAR GAME FLAPPY BIRD!!! IT WAS FRONT-PAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GRIFFPATCH VIEWED IT TOO!!!!!!) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/380783037/
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

ihackdacode wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

You can design Scratch projects to interact with the microphone via the loudness block. Are you sure you didn't accidentally just toggle this ability in your project by accident?
Uh…"Anyways, I was making some characters and had no code yet"
I'm very worried rn.
It could be toggled without code simply by going to the Video Sensing extension.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
LukeManiaStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

omg this is some law and order stuff right here xD
Fluffypiggykitty
Scratcher
27 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

I'm sorry, but you're overreacting. This is a bug that is not with scratch itself, but rather browsers. When a website has access to your microphone the browser knows when it's recording, however this is improperly set when you exit the editor after recording a sound or using the video extension. This persists until you go to a different page or close the page.

scratchedOS: Open Alpha

Test today!
Fluffypiggykitty
Scratcher
27 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

Fluffypiggykitty wrote:

I'm sorry, but you're overreacting. This is a bug that is not with scratch itself, but rather browsers. When a website has access to your microphone the browser knows when it's recording, however this is improperly set when you exit the editor after recording a sound or using the video extension. This persists until you go to a different page or close the page.

Also, the “virus” is not real, you can spread a virus over a wifi network but can't infect the router.

If you're still worried, give Bitdefender or Malwarebytes a try.

scratchedOS: Open Alpha

Test today!
scramaso
Scratcher
500+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

It's illegal to record children under 13 (I think).

I don’t think Scratch Team will do something like this.

ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

scramaso wrote:

It's illegal to record children under 13 (I think).

I don’t think Scratch Team will do something like this.
if they did i'm calling the FBI.
Because i'm under 9.
*suddenly*
FBI OPEN UP

A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!
ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

HyperGamerStudios wrote:

ihackdacode wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

You can design Scratch projects to interact with the microphone via the loudness block. Are you sure you didn't accidentally just toggle this ability in your project by accident?
Uh…"Anyways, I was making some characters and had no code yet"
I'm very worried rn.
oH, THAT MAKES SENSE, SCHOOL COMPUTERS CAN BE ACCESSED BY THE SCHOOL INCLUDING MICROPHONE OR CAMERA
GOSH DANG IT SCHOOL

Last edited by ihackdacode (April 5, 2020 15:14:11)


A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!
scramaso
Scratcher
500+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

OKAY COULD YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND STOP MAKING FBI JOKES

Minescratcher367
Scratcher
100+ posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

ihackdacode wrote:

scramaso wrote:

It's illegal to record children under 13 (I think).

I don’t think Scratch Team will do something like this.
if they did i'm calling the FBI.
Because i'm under 9.
*suddenly*
FBI OPEN UP
I'm tEn, AnD DaT iS nO gl!tCh, you probably just recorded a sound, or clicked the loudness block, or your school is selling your data to the black web, that happens sometimes.


when green flag clicked :: control
do nothing :: list
ihackdacode
Scratcher
32 posts

SCRATCH WAS RECORDING ME!!

Minescratcher367 wrote:

ihackdacode wrote:

scramaso wrote:

It's illegal to record children under 13 (I think).

I don’t think Scratch Team will do something like this.
if they did i'm calling the FBI.
Because i'm under 9.
*suddenly*
FBI OPEN UP
I'm tEn, AnD DaT iS nO gl!tCh, you probably just recorded a sound, or clicked the loudness block, or your school is selling your data to the black web, that happens sometimes.
(removed by moderator - please keep it polite)WHY WOULD MY SCHOOL DO THAT
<touching color [#MyInfo] ?>
wait (0.0001) secs
ask [Should we be jerks and sell this to the black web] and wait
(Yes)
OK!
One second later…
FBI OPEN UP!!!

Last edited by Paddle2See (April 6, 2020 09:19:03)


A wild signature wants to fight you! *Pokemon fight music plays*
Trainer ihackdacode wants to battle!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile