Discuss Scratch

Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crash with searching

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 78.0.3904.108, No Flash version detected

When i type this in the URL bar:
https://scratch.mit.edu/search/projects?q=%
this happens:

My GitHub | My website | My profile

WOOHOO! I have reached the 1000+ post count!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crash with searching

Can replicate. I don't think this is possible just through using the search bar normally though - I tried searching nothing and searching the % symbol and they both loaded the page correctly.
PkmnQ
Scratcher
500+ posts

Crash with searching

Why this happens is simple. So, let's say you had a page going in detail about every character on the keyboard. Why? I don't know. BUt you encounter trouble with the slash. That normally gives subpages, so what do you do? You use the percent code. %2F is the percent code for slash. %25 is the percent code for percent. Now, obviously, something would go wrong with % and nothing else.

This signature was not eaten by a kumquat. This signature IS a kumquat.

Oh, also, here's an actually working mobile detector. You're welcome!
Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crash with searching

CatsUnited wrote:

Can replicate. I don't think this is possible just through using the search bar normally though - I tried searching nothing and searching the % symbol and they both loaded the page correctly.
I think you don't understand. When you type in ‘%’ in the project search bar, then it will turn into ‘%25’. But when you type the thing i shown in the URL bar, not the project search bar, it will crash.

-CodePro-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Crash with searching

Boomer001 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

I think you don't understand. When you type in ‘%’ in the project search bar, then it will turn into ‘%25’. But when you type the thing i shown in the URL bar, not the project search bar, it will crash.
I think they do understand, they were just saying that it wouldn't crash unless you edited the URL manually.
I also believe that @PkmnQ has the correct answer.

This is my signature, it appears below my every post.

You need to take action, to be able to progress. - Me, and a bunch of other people saying it in slightly different ways.
BananaGirlPRO
New to Scratch
1 post

Crash with searching

Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crash with searching

BananaGirlPRO wrote:

don't necropost