Discuss Scratch

VexSGribami
Scratcher
7 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

The glitch itself logs you out, not the refreshing the page part. If you activate it, then open a new tab, you'll be logged out on that one. There's another glitch at play here: When you log out, sometimes it doesn't show you being logged out, because Scratch is not a live website.

This glitch can be fixed by sending another comment, I usually go to the curators and then go back to the comments tab (without linking to the glitchy comment), log back in, and post “This comment will push forward the unloaded comments” and that fixes it for sure.

I have mostly seen it on the studio pages, the reason it doesn't happen on the project pages is because of the new 3.0 UI that it has, while studio, profile, and forum pages don't have it.


when green flag clicked
[start v] [thinking of v] ((really good idea) with (scratch blocks))
it will be [awesome v]
get [cut off v] by [idk what v]
say [NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!]
accept your cruel fate
VexSGribami
Scratcher
7 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

Sorry for double posting but

Sniper_Legend wrote:

I think I got an error related to this, but the comment showed, and I made a reply and tried to send it. It gave me this:
[{“username”: “”, “num_tries”: 0, “success”: 0, “msg”: “”, “messages”: , “id”: null}]


It might be because the glitch occurred in a tab i opened right before this one.
is because you were signed out by the glitch. See that “username” is set to “” meaning you have no username because you're not signed in.

This also occurs when you log out on one tab and try to comment on the other. I haven't tested this in the 3.0 UI but I assume since the UI is different that it wouldn't work, it would just not comment.


when green flag clicked
[start v] [thinking of v] ((really good idea) with (scratch blocks))
it will be [awesome v]
get [cut off v] by [idk what v]
say [NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!]
accept your cruel fate
tabourettable
Scratcher
11 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

It already happens to me , the solution is closing your tab and relog in a new tab.

when green flag clicked
add [tabourettable] to [scratchers]
wait until <not <<[tabourettable's scratching] = [true]>>>
delete (tabourettable) of [scratchers]
stop [all]
(this is a signature, if you want to have one, go to the bottom of the page and click “change my signature”.)
Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

Awesome, Leafsparkle's solution fixed my bug, thanks!!

happy happy joy joy
hedgiemay
Scratcher
66 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

I have actually encountered one time where a comment on a project didn't load. It wasn't my project or my comment so the other person might have deleted it. It was also a while ago so I don't remember if I was signed out.

VexSGribami wrote:

The glitch itself logs you out, not the refreshing the page part. If you activate it, then open a new tab, you'll be logged out on that one. There's another glitch at play here: When you log out, sometimes it doesn't show you being logged out, because Scratch is not a live website.

This glitch can be fixed by sending another comment, I usually go to the curators and then go back to the comments tab (without linking to the glitchy comment), log back in, and post “This comment will push forward the unloaded comments” and that fixes it for sure.

I have mostly seen it on the studio pages, the reason it doesn't happen on the project pages is because of the new 3.0 UI that it has, while studio, profile, and forum pages don't have it.

You can also just click on the comments page. It removes the link to a comment from the URL that you're trying to go to and keeps you on the same page.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16. Call me Hedgie.
Robots and Princesses: a shop for all your RP needs (Open!)
TheBrozBlamII
Scratcher
58 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

smfh its still happening


when I receive [ Signature cue]
think [ Maybe if I tell people that their brain is an app...
They'll start using it.

Cya,
~ TheBrozBlam
Catholiiq
Scratcher
15 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

This happens to me about one or two days a week. It especially occurs with really new comments that haven't been around for even a few minutes. I hope ST will fix this soon.

when green flag clicked
if <Project doesn't save> then
play sound [Internal screaming v] forever
end
Leafsparkle
Scratcher
100+ posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

Catholiiq wrote:

It especially occurs with really new comments that haven't been around for even a few minutes.
Yeah, I’ve noticed this too.

Generation 378: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment. Artificially boosting the generation is forbidden, but it's probably happened anyway.
IPCC 2018 Summary for Policymakers wrote:
Human activities are estimated to have caused approximately 1.0°C of global warming above pre-industrial levels, with a likely range of 0.8°C to 1.2°C. Global warming is likely to reach 1.5°C between 2030 and 2052 if it continues to increase at the current rate. (high confidence)
frostfleur
Scratcher
14 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

I had an issue today where I was logged out twice (While commenting in a studio and another time commenting on a profile).
It seemed to fix itself after an hour (at about 4pm EST) but by 5pm, things were acting really odd. The comments weren't disappearing/signing me out.
Instead, I would comment as normal. Everything seemed fine except all my comments showed up twice! It's making me fear commenting very much because I don't want to get in trouble for spam.
TheBrozBlamII
Scratcher
58 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

frostfleur wrote:

I had an issue today where I was logged out twice (While commenting in a studio and another time commenting on a profile).
It seemed to fix itself after an hour (at about 4pm EST) but by 5pm, things were acting really odd. The comments weren't disappearing/signing me out.
Instead, I would comment as normal. Everything seemed fine except all my comments showed up twice! It's making me fear commenting very much because I don't want to get in trouble for spam.

last happened to me about a month ago, i think its resolved


when I receive [ Signature cue]
think [ Maybe if I tell people that their brain is an app...
They'll start using it.

Cya,
~ TheBrozBlam
Alextheyellow
Scratcher
28 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

Leafsparkle wrote:

Masterpost: Randomly being signed out, comments loading forever, and missing comments bugs

I've seen more than ten of these topics floating around. This topic aims to organize and list them so we don't have so many duplicates.

Here's the issue–
  • User clicks on Messages to view new notifications.
  • User clicks notification that says someone has replied on a profile or in a studio (1).
  • The profile page or studio linked to (with the url pointing to a specific comment, e.g., https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Leafsparkle/#comments-314159265) displays “Comments loading…” for as long as the tab is open (2).
  • Upon refreshing the page, the user is now signed out in that tab and everywhere else (3). They will have to log back in.
  • Even after multiple logouts and logins, clicking the link in Messages will log the user out, and the user profile or the studio will not show the comment.

(If I didn't describe it well, scroll down to “Other descriptions” for different explanations.)

Footnotes–
1. I'm only aware of this happening with profiles and studios. Projects seem to be unaffected. Comment below if you've got more information.
2. I've kept the same tab open, without refreshing it, for probably a day. It stayed at “Comments loading…” for the whole time.
3. I haven't tested how this works with multiple devices.

List of topics (non-exhaustive, organized by date of OP, let me know if I've missed a major one)–

Other descriptions–

1HappyFroYo1 wrote:

Sometimes when I go to a comment opened from my messages (epecially one that leads to a studio) the comments will load for a long time before I reload and get looged out. (…)

JKBisms wrote:

Sometimes, I will be on someone's profile, and the comments won't load. So I reload the page, and I am suddenly signed out.

Sniper_Legend wrote:

I have this bug issue as well, and frequently.
When you receive a notification that there is a comment, but it hasn't shown up on the actual page yet, the comments will get stuck “Loading”, and refreshing logs you out. Why the comment doesn't appear in the first place, I don't know, but that appears to be the underlying problem. (…)

Fireguy27 wrote:

I don't know why, but I went to check one of my messages to see one of my profile comments, and the profile comments wouldn't load. So I went to refresh the page, and as soon as I did, not only did the comments still have that issue, but I noticed I wasn't logged in. (…)

-MarvelComics- wrote:

(…) Sometimes when I get messages and I click the link that leads me to them, It does bring me to the page where the comments are but the comments won't load. When I try and refresh the page or click anything else, I get automatically signed out of my account (…)

CantDoStuff wrote:

(…) I found that when I clicked my message link to go reply that the comments wouldn't load. If I went into the studio without going through the messages, it would load the comments, but it would not load the person's reply. And often times when switching from different screens and refreshing my browser, it would log me out. (…)

Possible fixes–

A bunch of users wrote:

Wait a bit and the comments will appear. (I think the comment(s) appearing after a bit is probably because these users left comments on the profile(s)/studio(s) in question, thus clearing up the bug as seen in the Scratch Wiki entry and my description in this section – rather than because the page cleared itself up with no user intervention, intentional or otherwise. I've also put my thoughts on this in a separate post. –Leafsparkle)

Ian-Stewart wrote:

If you look in the “Possible Solutions” section on this wiki article, there are two solutions to this problem. Hope I helped! :D

Scratch Wiki wrote:

Sometimes, if a user comments on one's profile later, the comment that previously would not show may appear. Then, the user can view, reply, delete, or report the comment. This works with most users, but is only temporary. This will need to be done again when another comment will not show.

Clearing the browser's cache may help fix this problem. If one uses Google Chrome, they can go to “Clear Browser Data” in Settings, click “Advanced,” then select the following:
Browsing History
Download History
Cookies and other site data
Cached images and files
To clear the entire cache, one can select “All time.” Then, they can click “Clear Data.”
Note Warning: Clearing one's cache may sign the user out of some websites, requiring the person to login again. Also, it may take longer to open some websites because images and other graphics will need to be reloaded.

Leafsparkle wrote:

Go to the main profile or studio page (rather than the direct link to the comment). Leave another comment on the page. Then, look for the original comment. It should now appear, and clicking the direct link to it should not sign you out.

What now–
I hope this post helped you, and let's hope we can solve the issue! In the meantime, try the above fixes.

Comment below if you have additional fixes, other threads to add, hypotheses, or anything else!

You have no idea how much time I spent compiling this.

My browser / operating system: Linux, Chrome 74.0.3729.131, No Flash version detected

Edited for typo, content misrepresentation.
Edited again to add some more topics about the issue. There are so many of them…
Edited yet again. The reports keep coming in. Also, fixed the opaque Scratch Wiki wording.
Edited again right after edit no. 3 to note an observation about the “wait and the comments will load” possible fix.
Edited again right after edit no. 4 to link to further thoughts about this observation, which you can find through the link in this post and in the comments below.
Edited again to add another topic and note the possible unrelatedness of a previously added topic.
Edited again because I made a small and execrable formatting error.
Edited to add two new topics about the issue (sigh) and because I realized I've been doing lists wrong this whole time.
Edited to add another topic.
Edited to add another topic.
I'm dealing with the same situation too
venyanwarrior
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

Alextheyellow wrote:

Leafsparkle wrote:

-snip-
I'm dealing with the same situation too
Please don't quote massive posts, it clogs up the topic. Thanks!

This post was brought to you by the Fat Yoshi Gang.

plz join studio thx

GENERATION 370: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
Alextheyellow
Scratcher
28 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

venyanwarrior wrote:

Alextheyellow wrote:

Leafsparkle wrote:

-snip-
I'm dealing with the same situation too
Please don't quote massive posts, it clogs up the topic. Thanks!
It's my second time doing this, and why do I make mistakes?!
Alextheyellow
Scratcher
28 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

venyanwarrior wrote:

Alextheyellow wrote:

Leafsparkle wrote:

-snip-
I'm dealing with the same situation too
Please don't quote massive posts, it clogs up the topic. Thanks!
I'm done doing forums >
venyanwarrior
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

Alextheyellow wrote:

venyanwarrior wrote:

Alextheyellow wrote:

Leafsparkle wrote:

-snip-
I'm dealing with the same situation too
Please don't quote massive posts, it clogs up the topic. Thanks!
I'm done doing forums >
Well, the unofficial rules for the forums aren't exactly written anywhere. It's the kind of thing that you need to use the forums for a while to get to know the rules.

This post was brought to you by the Fat Yoshi Gang.

plz join studio thx

GENERATION 370: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
Alextheyellow
Scratcher
28 posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

venyanwarrior wrote:

Alextheyellow wrote:

venyanwarrior wrote:

Alextheyellow wrote:

Leafsparkle wrote:

-snip-
I'm dealing with the same situation too
Please don't quote massive posts, it clogs up the topic. Thanks!
I'm done doing forums >
Well, the unofficial rules for the forums aren't exactly written anywhere. It's the kind of thing that you need to use the forums for a while to get to know the rules.
Ok
Abigblueworld
Scratcher
100+ posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

Leafsparkle wrote:

Masterpost: Randomly being signed out, comments loading forever, and missing comments bugs

I've seen more than ten of these topics floating around. This topic aims to organize and list them so we don't have so many duplicates.

Here's the issue–
  • User clicks on Messages to view new notifications.
  • User clicks notification that says someone has replied on a profile or in a studio (1).
  • The profile page or studio linked to (with the url pointing to a specific comment, e.g., https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Leafsparkle/#comments-314159265) displays “Comments loading…” for as long as the tab is open (2).
  • Upon refreshing the page, the user is now signed out in that tab and everywhere else (3). They will have to log back in.
  • Even after multiple logouts and logins, clicking the link in Messages will log the user out, and the user profile or the studio will not show the comment.

(If I didn't describe it well, scroll down to “Other descriptions” for different explanations.)

Footnotes–
1. I'm only aware of this happening with profiles and studios. Projects seem to be unaffected. Comment below if you've got more information.
2. I've kept the same tab open, without refreshing it, for probably a day. It stayed at “Comments loading…” for the whole time.
3. I haven't tested how this works with multiple devices.

List of topics (non-exhaustive, organized by date of OP, let me know if I've missed a major one)–

Other descriptions–

1HappyFroYo1 wrote:

Sometimes when I go to a comment opened from my messages (epecially one that leads to a studio) the comments will load for a long time before I reload and get looged out. (…)

JKBisms wrote:

Sometimes, I will be on someone's profile, and the comments won't load. So I reload the page, and I am suddenly signed out.

Sniper_Legend wrote:

I have this bug issue as well, and frequently.
When you receive a notification that there is a comment, but it hasn't shown up on the actual page yet, the comments will get stuck “Loading”, and refreshing logs you out. Why the comment doesn't appear in the first place, I don't know, but that appears to be the underlying problem. (…)

Fireguy27 wrote:

I don't know why, but I went to check one of my messages to see one of my profile comments, and the profile comments wouldn't load. So I went to refresh the page, and as soon as I did, not only did the comments still have that issue, but I noticed I wasn't logged in. (…)

-MarvelComics- wrote:

(…) Sometimes when I get messages and I click the link that leads me to them, It does bring me to the page where the comments are but the comments won't load. When I try and refresh the page or click anything else, I get automatically signed out of my account (…)

CantDoStuff wrote:

(…) I found that when I clicked my message link to go reply that the comments wouldn't load. If I went into the studio without going through the messages, it would load the comments, but it would not load the person's reply. And often times when switching from different screens and refreshing my browser, it would log me out. (…)

Possible fixes–

A bunch of users wrote:

Wait a bit and the comments will appear. (I think the comment(s) appearing after a bit is probably because these users left comments on the profile(s)/studio(s) in question, thus clearing up the bug as seen in the Scratch Wiki entry and my description in this section – rather than because the page cleared itself up with no user intervention, intentional or otherwise. I've also put my thoughts on this in a separate post. –Leafsparkle)

Ian-Stewart wrote:

If you look in the “Possible Solutions” section on this wiki article, there are two solutions to this problem. Hope I helped! :D

Scratch Wiki wrote:

Sometimes, if a user comments on one's profile later, the comment that previously would not show may appear. Then, the user can view, reply, delete, or report the comment. This works with most users, but is only temporary. This will need to be done again when another comment will not show.

Clearing the browser's cache may help fix this problem. If one uses Google Chrome, they can go to “Clear Browser Data” in Settings, click “Advanced,” then select the following:
Browsing History
Download History
Cookies and other site data
Cached images and files
To clear the entire cache, one can select “All time.” Then, they can click “Clear Data.”
Note Warning: Clearing one's cache may sign the user out of some websites, requiring the person to login again. Also, it may take longer to open some websites because images and other graphics will need to be reloaded.

Leafsparkle wrote:

Go to the main profile or studio page (rather than the direct link to the comment). Leave another comment on the page. Then, look for the original comment. It should now appear, and clicking the direct link to it should not sign you out.

What now–
I hope this post helped you, and let's hope we can solve the issue! In the meantime, try the above fixes.

Comment below if you have additional fixes, other threads to add, hypotheses, or anything else!

You have no idea how much time I spent compiling this.

My browser / operating system: Linux, Chrome 74.0.3729.131, No Flash version detected

Edited for typo, content misrepresentation.
Edited again to add some more topics about the issue. There are so many of them…
Edited yet again. The reports keep coming in. Also, fixed the opaque Scratch Wiki wording.
Edited again right after edit no. 3 to note an observation about the “wait and the comments will load” possible fix.
Edited again right after edit no. 4 to link to further thoughts about this observation, which you can find through the link in this post and in the comments below.
Edited again to add another topic and note the possible unrelatedness of a previously added topic.
Edited again because I made a small and execrable formatting error.
Edited to add two new topics about the issue (sigh) and because I realized I've been doing lists wrong this whole time.
Edited to add another topic.
Edited to add another topic.
Hmm, the internet could be not working or (someone) really got in to your account. Or double check if the last page is logged in. Or restart your computer and log in again! I just help! Or just check if your computer protected your account from a comment virus.

, Abigblueworld! :D
Girl,_ Gamer,_scratcher,_ BALDI FAN,_ GD and Roblox player!
GD: GDABIGBLUEWORLD
ROBLOX: GDABIGBLUEWORLD and Hitormissgonnamissya
ABIGBLUEWORLD 2019-2020 all stuff free to scratch. :)
Here is a bit more info. thanks!
sharkii-
Scratcher
1 post

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

This is actually happening to me right now- is it a server-wide issue or is it possibly just my account being glitchy?
Abigblueworld
Scratcher
100+ posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

sharkii- wrote:

This is actually happening to me right now- is it a server-wide issue or is it possibly just my account being glitchy?
Probably your account is just glitchy, it’s not happening to me.

, Abigblueworld! :D
Girl,_ Gamer,_scratcher,_ BALDI FAN,_ GD and Roblox player!
GD: GDABIGBLUEWORLD
ROBLOX: GDABIGBLUEWORLD and Hitormissgonnamissya
ABIGBLUEWORLD 2019-2020 all stuff free to scratch. :)
Here is a bit more info. thanks!
HyperGamerStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

Masterpost/compilation: being signed out randomly, comments not loading/disappearing

This happens to me too

Check out my “Several Trashy Nights” game series!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW MOST POPULAR GAME FLAPPY BIRD!!! IT WAS FRONT-PAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GRIFFPATCH VIEWED IT TOO!!!!!!) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/380783037/

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile