Discuss Scratch

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

WilyGravy57 wrote:

infinitytec wrote:

Flash support ends at the end of this year.
But that does no help to me.
No major browsers will support Flash by the end of this year.

WilyGravy57 wrote:

Hope I Am In The Right Comment Section

Well, whats the point of scratch being coded by html?

Note: we could use browsers that support flash browser, not advertising tho, but suggesting, because most of the features in scrch do not work. Eg:- cloud variables, touching colour blocks
Perhaps, but requiring users to install special programs to run the Flash version is no different from recommending the offline editor. One of the reasons the Scratch Team made Scratch 2.0 was so that downloading programs isn't necessary, and I think they still want the editor to be accessible from any modern browser.

Requiring users to download and install something explicitly will severely limit Scratch's ability to introduce students to coding since some schools use Chromebooks or might not be able to install a program on all their computers, and some parents might be sceptical of all programs regardless of who made them

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This, my signature, appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Maximouse
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

867158 wrote:

getbent wrote:

Recently been nagged by a bit of a bug; while attempting to drag around a variable or list, after a short time its context menu will open. This is likely a feature meant for long-tapping on mobile, yet it is applied when using a mouse on the desktop website.

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 78.0.3904.108, No Flash version detected


I have that exact same bug!

I noticed it too. Did anyone already report it?

You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or unsubscribe.
Atten007
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

When will comes Scratch 4.0 finally out???
imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Atten007 wrote:

When will comes Scratch 4.0 finally out???
Scratch 3 just came out about a year ago. The Scratch Team will probably not release Scratch 4 until they have to completely reprogram Scratch again. They shouldn't have to do that for a very long time, so Scratch 4 is not being worked on or even thought of at this point.

You don't have to wait for a new version of Scratch for new features to be added; the Scratch Team is working on improving Scratch as we speak!

when signature read:: events hat
say [Not much here…] for (2) secs
liamdadude
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Hey, guys, i have a suggestion:
Expandable canvas for drawing (fullscreen)

pikachu stole my hat
liamdadude
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

WilyGravy57 wrote:

Hope I Am In The Right Comment Section

Well, whats the point of scratch being coded by html?

Note: we could use browsers that support flash browser, not advertising tho, but suggesting, because most of the features in scrch do not work. Eg:- cloud variables, touching colour blocks
The reason is for cross-platform compatibility since HTML can be run on almost every browser

pikachu stole my hat
867158
Scratcher
24 posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Maximouse wrote:

867158 wrote:

getbent wrote:

Recently been nagged by a bit of a bug; while attempting to drag around a variable or list, after a short time its context menu will open. This is likely a feature meant for long-tapping on mobile, yet it is applied when using a mouse on the desktop website.

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 78.0.3904.108, No Flash version detected


I have that exact same bug!

I noticed it too. Did anyone already report it?

Well I haven't
minor-edit
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

getbent wrote:

Recently been nagged by a bit of a bug; while attempting to drag around a variable or list, after a short time its context menu will open. This is likely a feature meant for long-tapping on mobile, yet it is applied when using a mouse on the desktop website.

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 78.0.3904.108, No Flash version detected
I have noticed that on both desktop and tablet. And it can be difficult to get rid of the context menu.

John Conway










☁️

• ω •

HSL and RGB levels


Whoops! Our server is Scratch'ing its head
We couldn't find the page you're looking for. Check to make sure you've typed the url correctly.
You can try searching for what you're looking for here:
Search
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 404 ┻━┻ ╰(°□°╰)



these blocks have been hidden for your safety


scroll around the scripting area while holding a block of code.
hi
necroposting is allowed on the Suggestions forum for comments relevant to the discussion
Boomer001
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

I think the 4.0 beta comes out somewhere in 2022. I was looking on the scratch wiki to see what the release date of scratch 2.0 was. The release date was 2013 and the 3.0 beta came out in 2016. That's 3 years. Scratch 3.0 was officially released begin 2019, and currently it's one year old. So 2 years to wait, and we can see the 4.0 beta! (This is my guess)
AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Boomer001 wrote:

I think the 4.0 beta comes out somewhere in 2022. I was looking on the scratch wiki to see what the release date of scratch 2.0 was. The release date was 2013 and the 3.0 beta came out in 2016. That's 3 years. Scratch 3.0 was officially released begin 2019, and currently it's one year old. So 2 years to wait, and we can see the 4.0 beta! (This is my guess)
I wonder if 4.0 will use WebAssembly to speed up projects. It could also allow for other functionality such as a Scratch extension for 3D projects.

set [variable v] to [true]
if <<I finally learned how to do a signature :: sensing> = <variable :: variables>> then
set [response v] to [YES!!!!!]
end
say (show::looks stack) for (stop [all v]::cap) secs
infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

AmazingMech2418 wrote:

Boomer001 wrote:

I think the 4.0 beta comes out somewhere in 2022. I was looking on the scratch wiki to see what the release date of scratch 2.0 was. The release date was 2013 and the 3.0 beta came out in 2016. That's 3 years. Scratch 3.0 was officially released begin 2019, and currently it's one year old. So 2 years to wait, and we can see the 4.0 beta! (This is my guess)
I wonder if 4.0 will use WebAssembly to speed up projects. It could also allow for other functionality such as a Scratch extension for 3D projects.
All speculation of course. 2.0 had very much a slow beta release. IIRC the Java player was replaced with the Flash player several years before 2.0 was being built.

If I were to guess as to the development of the future of Scratch, I think it is too early to tell whether much to tell whether they are not they are changing things significantly. I think we will be seeing more small changes to 3.0 and not major changes to the underlying code. But WebAssembly could be a possibility as they do need to improve performance.


My PC: Ryzen 7 2700 / ASRock x470 Master SLI/AC / 16GB RAM / 1 TB SSD / 2TB HDD / Radeon RX 5700 / Windows 10 Pro
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.
Boomer001
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

AmazingMech2418 wrote:

Boomer001 wrote:

I think the 4.0 beta comes out somewhere in 2022. I was looking on the scratch wiki to see what the release date of scratch 2.0 was. The release date was 2013 and the 3.0 beta came out in 2016. That's 3 years. Scratch 3.0 was officially released begin 2019, and currently it's one year old. So 2 years to wait, and we can see the 4.0 beta! (This is my guess)
I wonder if 4.0 will use WebAssembly to speed up projects. It could also allow for other functionality such as a Scratch extension for 3D projects.
I don't think a 3D extension will come. That is too hard for new scratchers to understand (got that from the list of rejected suggestions). But i do hope WebAssembly will come. (Scratch 3.0 uses WebGL)

Last edited by Boomer001 (March 22, 2020 08:50:22)

867158
Scratcher
24 posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

kirbyplayer111 wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
(Exe)
say [Exe] for (2) secs
define (Exe)
broadcast [ Exe ]
when I receive [ Exe]
change [ Exe ] by (1)[/quote]
Yes? What does that mean?

Last edited by 867158 (April 2, 2020 17:29:08)

clubstm
New to Scratch
1 post

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Can't you split it into 4 pieces, and upload them as individual sprites and have this code on them:
when I receive [ v]
next costume
and Broadcast it from another sprite.
867158
Scratcher
24 posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

clubstm wrote:

Can't you split it into 4 pieces, and upload them as individual sprites and have this code on them:
when I receive [ v]
next costume
and Broadcast it from another sprite.
Um, i'm not sure what your talking about, but i think that should work.
Little-Earthworm
Scratcher
44 posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Why does Scratch Desktop Setup 3.9.0 only support 64-bit Windows?

My computer is a 32-bit Windows system, so I can't use it.

Can I only use Scratch Desktop Setup 3.6.0?

But Scratch Desktop Setup 3.6.0 doesn't have the shape center feature, which makes it impossible for me to use it.

Then I can only write programs on the Scratch website, but it requires a network connection.

Please help us to add a 32-bit Windows version of Scratch Desktop Setup 3.9.0

Hi! I'm Little-Earthworm ::events hat
if <you follow me ::sensing> then
I follow you ::motion
end
Who are my follower? Let's follow Little-Earthworm! My test account Earthworm-Test

My good project website portal: When You Plug In The USB(A) Wire | Mathematical Calculation Problem Generator | Secret Converter
s_federici
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Little-Earthworm wrote:

Please help us to add a 32-bit Windows version of Scratch Desktop Setup 3.9.0
Support
Alzter
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Technical Discussion

Where's my dark theme and block thickness slider

I do stuff on computers.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile