Discuss Scratch

Pianostar4
Scratcher
46 posts

<< The Suggestions Directory 3.0 | The list of suggestions >>

Name of suggestion: New Operators
Link to suggestion: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/394344/?page=1#post-3915317
Topic creator: Pianostar4
Description: Operators that would find certain numbers out of a list.
When was your topic posted? 4/5/20
Your usernameianostar4
Have you posted suggestions here before? No, I haven't. This is my first time.

<(((((((Jeff the evil kumquat stopper)::#ff00e9)::#0000ff)::#00ff00)::#fff600)::#ff9900)::#ff0000)>
(Dr. Evil the defeated evil kumquat)
Pianostar4
Scratcher
46 posts

Your username: Pianostar4.

Srry, I put the P next to the colon.

<(((((((Jeff the evil kumquat stopper)::#ff00e9)::#0000ff)::#00ff00)::#fff600)::#ff9900)::#ff0000)>
Monniasza_spzoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pianostar4 wrote:

Name of suggestion: New Operators
Link to suggestion: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/394344/?page=1#post-3915317
Description: Operators that would find certain numbers out of a list.
When was your topic posted? 4/5/20
Your usernameianostar4
Have you posted suggestions here before? No, I haven't. This is my first time.
This topic is closed. Use https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/307629/ instead.
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you please remove these from your list?

Rejected suggestions:
Ability to see a project's status
Alternative 3D solution
Redesigning the header (#Bring_it_back solution)
Text-based code (not the same thread; the original turned out to be a duplicate, and this links to the earlier topic)

Implemented suggestions:
Get Surprise sprite button

This post is brought to you by WindOctahedron's brain™, the brain of our queen of acronyms, or quofac.
I is next to U on a QWERTY keyboard. WE are neighbors.
Chain letters are spam, and are against the rules. Copy and paste this message on 10 different profiles to get reported!*
*This is not meant to threaten anyone, and it's just a joke based on irony. Still, the first sentence is true, so don't copy and paste this.
WarriorsRoleplayer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Name of suggestion: Multiple Comments Bar
Link to suggestion: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/394530/
Topic creator: WarriorsRoleplayer
Description: Multiple Comments Bar For Studios
When was your topic posted? April 6th, 2020
Your username: WarriorsRoleplayer
Have you posted suggestions here before? No.

dannyhogan200
Scratcher
100+ posts

How about refilling our backpacks to the way it was before the update into the list?
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dannyhogan200 wrote:

How about refilling our backpacks to the way it was before the update into the list?
  1. That's impossible to implement. They're simply deleted, and there's no way to bring them back.
  2. (S)he can't add it unless you provide a link to it.

Last edited by WindOctahedron (April 8, 2020 07:22:32)

This post is brought to you by WindOctahedron's brain™, the brain of our queen of acronyms, or quofac.
I is next to U on a QWERTY keyboard. WE are neighbors.
Chain letters are spam, and are against the rules. Copy and paste this message on 10 different profiles to get reported!*
*This is not meant to threaten anyone, and it's just a joke based on irony. Still, the first sentence is true, so don't copy and paste this.
AdventureMase
Scratcher
79 posts

Adding this would be awesome

stop all sounds for [sprite1 v] :: sound

Hi! I'm AdventureMase! See my stats!

Many wonders, endless possibilities. :: control

when flag clicked
forever
imagine :: sound
program :: motion
share :: operators
end
Pianostar4
Scratcher
46 posts

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/395285/?page=1#post-3924687Name of suggestion:
Link to suggestion: up there
Description: A new thing on the profile that shows if a user is active that moment
When was your topic posted? 4/10/20
Your username: Pianostar4
Have you posted suggestions here before? Yes, the
(max::operators)
(min::operators)
blocks

greenvillage
Scratcher
13 posts

BRING BACK THE CAT BLOCKS
MagicFireFeline
Scratcher
6 posts

excuse me, where can I find my suggestion and how can I edit it? also one more question
how can I know if the scratchteam is reviewing my suggestion?
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Name of suggestion: Accurate Preview Size for the Discussion Forums
Link to suggestion: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/395776/
Topic creator: Me (BGMead)
Description: This is a minor change to the “preview” option in the discussion forums to make them accurately represent the true dimensions of a real forum post.
When was your topic posted? April 12th, 2020, 23:40:57 EST
Your username: BGMead
Have you posted suggestions here before? Probably, I've been on Scratch for a while. No clue what they could've been though.

Heyo! I used to be very active on the scratch discussion forums back in 2017. I've since left scratch to pursue an interest in web and game development. You can find all of my current projects over at https://bremea.itch.io.
Some Info: 1600+ Posts - 1 Sticked Topic - Almost 6 Years On Scratch - Forum Helper - Wiki Editor - Experienced Shop Owner - Bunny Owner

Do you need coding, art, or sound for your next project? Get it for free at BGMead's Shop!

Pianostar4
Scratcher
46 posts

Name of suggestion: A count down block
Link to suggestion: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/395822/?page=1#post-3929627
Description: A new sensing block that will count down to a certain time.
When was your topic posted? 4/13/20
Your username: Pianostar4
Have you posted suggestions here before? Yes

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

^
I'm not adding any suggestions or making any changes to the directory right now because LegoManiac04 is currently working on a new directory. Feel free to ask for your suggestion to be added there once it's done

Scouty11
Scratcher
4 posts

#together # TEAM

Some people want to work on the same project with others without having to share it to the community and that can be very frustrating, so why not add a feature where you can have up to three people working on the project called, Scratch colab projects! (name can be changed)

My idea is to have you could say, something like a shared drive with someone (a follower who must accept an invite) and you can create a project and work on it with them, and you can have a comments section in the project so the other person knows what you are doing and they if they want to share the project with the community, they one will press the share button but the other has to confirm ( if possible add a cancel share if done on accident)

Last edited by Scouty11 (April 14, 2020 13:25:48)

gamer5656000
Scratcher
33 posts

Hey, just a question, why did you get rid of the Remix Tree? I thought it was a very useful way to get to a remix of a remix, and veiw all the remixes. Now, you have to go to each individual project, which could take FOREVER!!!!! Please, re-ad it, or at least tell me why you got rid of it on my profile(so i can find it again.)

define Gamer5656000
haseth no lyfe :: #eeea22
follow:: [@sunsetcat and @bonit497] :: #ff67ab
alt acc of @shadowstar757 (also original) :: #542300
My very first project!
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gamer5656000 wrote:

Hey, just a question, why did you get rid of the Remix Tree? I thought it was a very useful way to get to a remix of a remix, and veiw all the remixes. Now, you have to go to each individual project, which could take FOREVER!!!!! Please, re-ad it, or at least tell me why you got rid of it on my profile(so i can find it again.)
If you hop on a project, go in the url bar, and add /remixtree, then you can see it.

do you want some free vbucks? free vbucks
gamer5656000
Scratcher
33 posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

gamer5656000 wrote:

If you hop on a project, go in the url bar, and add /remixtree, then you can see it.
yes, i figure that out, but why did they get rid of the button for it?

define Gamer5656000
haseth no lyfe :: #eeea22
follow:: [@sunsetcat and @bonit497] :: #ff67ab
alt acc of @shadowstar757 (also original) :: #542300
My very first project!
Insanity0fTheYear
Scratcher
5 posts

I have a suggestion, bring remix trees back.

hingcs
Scratcher
14 posts

I want to add this button for the filter when you type something:
Recently added
Good keywords aren't enough. When we put the “Most trending” or “Most popular” filter, they would show up the most likes and favs/views projects. But… … If you have a good project like “Hunt for the dark” and you search the keyword, you realise if another person did it, they would see the most trending/popular project in the front. These projects are by famous people (Mostly) as followers of famous people are checking new pojects from them up.
But what if you spent so much time and sacrifice on it? If you have 0 likes, views, and favs at the start of your project, it will be at the very bottom of the thing. Which scratcher, or anybody will bother to scroll all the way to the bottom? Even if it is good, but you are not famous, litterally NONE of your followers will bother to view your projects. Then, at the start, how are you going to get trending or popular or even get views or likes? That is why you only see famous scratchers projects featured (Rarely unfamous ones) in the front page even though their rojects are very good.
Almost broke my hand typing this. I will not say more. Hopefully this gets into future update for scratch.
Bai!
@hingcs