Discuss Scratch

stampcollector
Scratcher
58 posts

Private Messaging

Scratch should make a private message on people's profiles because maybe your friend is using scratch. You may want to talk to that friend about help with scratch or just general stuff. On Scratch, you have to show the world what you are writing and let them know your information. You should also make it for projects so in case someone want's to tell you something a secret on how to improve it, instead of remixing and doing it their self, they can tell the owner.

Welcome to Scratch! Interested in learning about the community? Join the Scratch Committee!
Want to know the latest news in what is happening? Go to the Scratch News Channel!
when green flag clicked
forever

say [I LOVE Computers!!]
move (10000000000) steps
end
GadgetAndyMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Private Messaging

Please see this topic:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages.

Latest project updated: X-Y Coordinates Challenge - 14 Jan 2014: Various improvements.

My Likes Studios [ Animation | Art | Education | Games | Simulation | Stories ]
Please take a look and follow any studios that interest you with the projects I am adding.
Mozzi64
Scratcher
100+ posts

Private Messaging

GadgetAndyMan wrote:

Please see this topic:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages.
Excactly.

THE POTATOES, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE
HEELLLLPPP
lol

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Private Messaging

Yeah, sorry, I don't see private messaging ever being a feature on Scratch. It's safer for our members if all communication is done in the open.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;