Discuss Scratch

mushroombubbles
Scratcher
100+ posts

A cool idea to improve scratch

I think it would be cool if you could program a project Live. for example, if you wanted to like, do a chat show, you would be able to give notice to other scratchers, like“ my chat show is on at 2:00 East, 1:00 West.”Then, at the supposed time, you could broudcast Live your show, so it really would be like a show.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ackuna's BAD TRANSLATOR (click Here)
Salsa with peppers
43 translations later..
Hot chocolate

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Live programming? As in make scripts while it's being viewed? That would be interesting, but it would require constant reloading of a project…

If you mean by having a chat with someone, don't do that. Chat projects are not okay on Scratch. Instead, just use comments.

mushroombubbles
Scratcher
100+ posts

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Live programming? As in make scripts while it's being viewed? That would be interesting, but it would require constant reloading of a project…

If you mean by having a chat with someone, don't do that. Chat projects are not okay on Scratch. Instead, just use comments.
Not having a chat, but having your project viewed while you program it, such as a tv show!

Ackuna's BAD TRANSLATOR (click Here)
Salsa with peppers
43 translations later..
Hot chocolate

stevetheipad
Scratcher
500+ posts

Certainly a cool idea. However, this is probably wouldn't be used enough to justify the time spend programming a system for this. Therefore, I think a better way would be to just live stream your screen using a tool like Twitch.

i miss the old days
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mushroombubbles wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Not having a chat, but having your project viewed while you program it, such as a tv show!
When you say that, I'm envisioning something like Google Docs but with scripts and costumes and such.

Is that what you are referring to? If so, it would indeed be awesome.

jvvg
Administrator and backend engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Executive director of FutureSight Technologies
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

mushroombubbles wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

When you say that, I'm envisioning something like Google Docs but with scripts and costumes and such.

Is that what you are referring to? If so, it would indeed be awesome.
I guess like live-broadcasting a PowerPoint but Scratch? Love the idea! Probably wouldn't happen, though, until 2015-16