Discuss Scratch

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

This is what we always wanted. To see the highest accomplishments of Scratchers. We would have records for:

1. most projects shared
2. most projects front paged
3. most remixed-project
4. most loved project
5. most favorited project
6. most viewed project
7. most messages received in one day
8. most messages unread (I think I hold this record: ~1650 and counting)
9. most time active on Scratch
10. most forum posts
11. most forum topics
12. most comments made

and any others you can think of.

So, your thoughts?



LuxrayStar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Records

hmm.. Might cause some spam…

Stop the Spambots!
;We will never forget the semicolon;
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

LuxrayStar wrote:

hmm.. Might cause some spam…
You do raise a valid point. Perhaps the records could only be reached with quality content.



LuxrayStar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Records

It depends on your definition of “Quality Content”. Something that seems good to one scratcher might seem unimpressive to another.

Stop the Spambots!
;We will never forget the semicolon;
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

LuxrayStar wrote:

It depends on your definition of “Quality Content”. Something that seems good to one scratcher might seem unimpressive to another.
Well to set the standard, a project must have at least 1 script for it to be quality content.

Last edited by ProdigyZeta7 (Oct. 28, 2013 17:05:42)




LuxrayStar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Records

hmm, Still, someone could easily put in “When Green Flag Clicked, Stop all” Scripts in, then share.

Stop the Spambots!
;We will never forget the semicolon;
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

LuxrayStar wrote:

hmm, Still, someone could easily put in “When Green Flag Clicked, Stop all” Scripts in, then share.
Well then, I guess the scripts will have to be checked for quality from an honest Scratcher…



xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Records

it would just be another popularity contest the who quality thing…

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

LuxrayStar wrote:

It depends on your definition of “Quality Content”. Something that seems good to one scratcher might seem unimpressive to another.
Well to set the standard, a project must have at least 1 script for it to be quality content.
In that case, someone can just make 500 projects that just have one sprite and one two-block script in them.

jvvg
Administrator and backend engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Executive director of FutureSight Technologies
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

jvvg wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

LuxrayStar wrote:

It depends on your definition of “Quality Content”. Something that seems good to one scratcher might seem unimpressive to another.
Well to set the standard, a project must have at least 1 script for it to be quality content.
In that case, someone can just make 500 projects that just have one sprite and one two-block script in them.
Then how about we get rid of love-its, favorites, views, followers, studios, and everything else that can be counted? Then we wouldn't have anyone trying to get the most of whatever.

No, I stand firm that we should allow users to go for a record, BUT it must be overviewed by a trustworthy Scratcher. Besides, what fool is gonna waste his hours spamming 500 projects with barely anything in them?



cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

LuxrayStar wrote:

It depends on your definition of “Quality Content”. Something that seems good to one scratcher might seem unimpressive to another.
Well to set the standard, a project must have at least 1 script for it to be quality content.
In that case, someone can just make 500 projects that just have one sprite and one two-block script in them.
Then how about we get rid of love-its, favorites, views, followers, studios, and everything else that can be counted? Then we wouldn't have anyone trying to get the most of whatever.

No, I stand firm that we should allow users to go for a record, BUT it must be overviewed by a trustworthy Scratcher. Besides, what fool is gonna waste his hours spamming 500 projects with barely anything in them?
I'm still not so sure. It could still turn into a “record breaking contest” somehow.
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

Don't support. It would be really cool and a great accomplishment if it wouldn't be abused, though.

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

turkey3_test wrote:

Don't support. It would be really cool and a great accomplishment if it wouldn't be abused, though.
Everything on Scratch can be abused, so what makes this exclusive for being abused?



lundfamily3
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Records

No support. It's not just that it can be abused, it will cause fights, competitions, and unpleasetness. You can only love-it fave a project once (unless you make multiple accounts but that gets really annoying to do for all your projects).

Making a list showing who has tje mosts views/love its/etc will just cause scratchers to feel bad/be like:

I have the record for more views, i am way better than you!

Happy scratching.
:3

Yes, I am a female. Yes, I would rather fight in a zombie apycolypse/fantasy universe than be a princess or have anything to do witha princess.
~ShadowOfArt is an alt I rarely use now a days~
Working on Christmas Animation with the amazing the_hawk_arisen!
And then the dragon lowered it's head to the wolf's and it's eyes blazed with a fury of no other creature that ever flew through the skies.
Shinigami eat only apples.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently watching: Deathnote (on episode 30! :O) ;
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

lundfamily3 wrote:

No support. It's not just that it can be abused, it will cause fights, competitions, and unpleasetness. You can only love-it fave a project once (unless you make multiple accounts but that gets really annoying to do for all your projects).

Making a list showing who has tje mosts views/love its/etc will just cause scratchers to feel bad/be like:

I have the record for more views, i am way better than you!

Happy scratching.
:3
*sigh* It's not like there will be chaos if this is implemented. There will be rules: no bragging, no spamming, no fighting, no hating, etc. And I doubt anyone would actually feel bad if they weren't on the leaderboard. Think about every game that uses cloud data–do you feel bad for not making the high score? No.



cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

lundfamily3 wrote:

No support. It's not just that it can be abused, it will cause fights, competitions, and unpleasetness. You can only love-it fave a project once (unless you make multiple accounts but that gets really annoying to do for all your projects).

Making a list showing who has tje mosts views/love its/etc will just cause scratchers to feel bad/be like:

I have the record for more views, i am way better than you!

Happy scratching.
:3
*sigh* It's not like there will be chaos if this is implemented. There will be rules: no bragging, no spamming, no fighting, no hating, etc. And I doubt anyone would actually feel bad if they weren't on the leaderboard. Think about every game that uses cloud data–do you feel bad for not making the high score? No.
True, alot of people don't care if they are not on the leaderboard, but it may not be true for alot of other people.
mythbusteranimator
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Records

Most viewed project/loved will just make it the most viewed

Permanently because everyone else will see it and want to check it out

I've been listening to…
Ogre Battle // Queen // Queen II // Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Progressive Metal
Orion // Metallica // Master of Puppets // Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Instrumental
Damage Inc. // Metallica// Master of Puppets // Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal
Snow (Hey Oh) // Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Snow (Hey Oh) // Soft Rock, Acoustic
Who Wants To Live Forever // Queen // A Kind of Magic // Power Ballad, Soft Rock
I suggest you listen to…
For a influential playlist: Damage Inc and Orion. Both of these songs are part of the album that revolutionized heavy and thrash metal forever.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile