Discuss Scratch

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add pseudo-free chatrooms

And there'd be a list of swears, which I don't think anyone would like to see

And people can add their phrases, then say them. It's the same thing as free chatting.

No support.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TeamMagixZone wrote:

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Poosheku wrote:

Mabye they could Program it so that it can detect what someone puts in, e.g. if someone types in “you suck” for example then it will kick them out and alert the Scratch team, I've found a few websites do that.
That's it!

Wouldn't work, they can bypass it. such as “you s.u.c.k”
Yes. That is the main reason why open chatrooms are not allowed.

College student studying communication theories, amateur jazz piano player, bicyclist, perfectionist, and just someone trying to stay as healthy and fit as possible.
ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

joshuaho wrote:

TeamMagixZone wrote:

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Poosheku wrote:

Mabye they could Program it so that it can detect what someone puts in, e.g. if someone types in “you suck” for example then it will kick them out and alert the Scratch team, I've found a few websites do that.
That's it!

how about making it block any word that is detected, even when someone bypasses it?
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ABCScratch123 wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

TeamMagixZone wrote:

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Poosheku wrote:

That's it!

how about making it block any word that is detected, even when someone bypasses it?
How would that be done?

College student studying communication theories, amateur jazz piano player, bicyclist, perfectionist, and just someone trying to stay as healthy and fit as possible.
A-no-meep
Scratcher
100+ posts

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Pseudo-free chatrooms are like safe chatrooms except that users can add their own phrases.
Well, you could just have in the description “Will consider phrase recommendations in comments.” on a safe chatroom.

[ v]
A dropdown to nowhere
xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why couldn't we have a chat room, that warns previously. And if someone starts being a jerk and others realize it and report it, he gets banned from the chat room. Just a possibility I thought of.

MrKyurem
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rather than all of this phrase banning, what we do is we have a 2 point warning system. The project will automatically scan messages for words, if it detects a bad word it doesn't like, it removes the post and warns the player. If it detects a word it doesn't know this word goes onto a list of words to be filtered, which will be done by an active creator. If the offender posts another bad word again, their post gets removed again and they are banned permanently from that chat room. Moderators, who are given their position by the chat room owner, can also instantly warn people while in chat.

This system not only counters people using false words to get their way round, but also people who keep offending the rules.

down down start a right right right right right right right right right b a a a a a left left left left b a a right right right right right right right right right b a left left b start a+start up a a a a a a a left left left b left left left b right b right right right right b
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MrKyurem wrote:

Rather than all of this phrase banning, what we do is we have a 2 point warning system. The project will automatically scan messages for words, if it detects a bad word it doesn't like, it removes the post and warns the player. If it detects a word it doesn't know this word goes onto a list of words to be filtered, which will be done by an active creator. If the offender posts another bad word again, their post gets removed again and they are banned permanently from that chat room. Moderators, who are given their position by the chat room owner, can also instantly warn people while in chat.

This system not only counters people using false words to get their way round, but also people who keep offending the rules.
Yeah, but the words are still there in the first place, no?

3DS FC: 3239-6065-2543 (Ask me before adding) | AS: Alex~ | X: Alex (DWS)
Ask me on my profile about XYORAS breeding requests!

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.11.3, Safari 9.0.3, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

mathfreak231 wrote:

MrKyurem wrote:

All records of the phrases are removed.
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ABCScratch123 wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

MrKyurem wrote:

In the first place? Like when someone says it and there are several other Scratchers there to witness it?

And even if you do remove them, won't they still be visible in the cloud data log?

3DS FC: 3239-6065-2543 (Ask me before adding) | AS: Alex~ | X: Alex (DWS)
Ask me on my profile about XYORAS breeding requests!

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.11.3, Safari 9.0.3, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ABCScratch123 wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

TeamMagixZone wrote:

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Poosheku wrote:

That's it!

Say “hip” is a bad word.

Hi! I like pizza.

Find those letters in order?

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
mitchboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MrKyurem wrote:

You can make someone feel really bad without name-calling or swearing. For example: “You're so bad at everything. You will die and no one will care about you.” How would it know you said something bad if you did something like that?

Capsicum annuum.
ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

mitchboy wrote:

MrKyurem wrote:

You can make someone feel really bad without name-calling or swearing. For example: “You're so bad at everything. You will die and no one will care about you.” How would it know you said something bad if you did something like that?
how about it gets “Securely deleted” or not only deleted/unrecorded, but also can't be bought back! If someone tries to bring it back, they'll be banned, or at least get a warning message telling them that it can't be added because it was securely deleted and if they desperately must, they have to remix it.
MrKyurem
Scratcher
100+ posts

mathfreak231 wrote:

ABCScratch123 wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

MrKyurem wrote:

In the first place? Like when someone says it and there are several other Scratchers there to witness it?

And even if you do remove them, won't they still be visible in the cloud data log?

What it'll do it it'll constantly check for said words it doesn't approve of, and if it doesn't like it, it instantly removes it. That way, it's gone before you can read it.

If you're worried about people being cruel without using any bad words/stuff like that, then add moderators to your chat to monitor it. Also,
- Add a chat log to it, so you can log on and see what people have said.
- Have it work like the Scratch forums - it's essentially a giant chatroom, and cruelty has been at a minimum, hasn't it?

down down start a right right right right right right right right right b a a a a a left left left left b a a right right right right right right right right right b a left left b start a+start up a a a a a a a left left left b left left left b right b right right right right b
xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think links would be more problematic than swearing….

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MrKyurem wrote:

What it'll do it it'll constantly check for said words it doesn't approve of, and if it doesn't like it, it instantly removes it. That way, it's gone before you can read it.

If you're worried about people being cruel without using any bad words/stuff like that, then add moderators to your chat to monitor it. Also,
- Add a chat log to it, so you can log on and see what people have said.
- Have it work like the Scratch forums - it's essentially a giant chatroom, and cruelty has been at a minimum, hasn't it?
One thing: It would be too hard to moderate.

jontmy00
Scratcher
500+ posts

Having a language detector does not solve even 1% of the problem. The words aren't the problem. It's the sentences that are. Not even phrases.

It's the entire sentence.

There's no practical and reliable way to filter out a phrase 16-infinite length without causing immense lag. Along with that is it is impossible to check for every single word in the entire dictionary, since bullying in the chat room aren't phrases/words, but sentences.

Therefore, no, since it will not work. At all.

Last edited by jontmy00 (Oct. 30, 2013 07:34:16)

Hello.
meowflash
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why not safe chat? With freeverse plus a bad word detector!

More Stuff|My Bandcamp
My DeviantArt|Intro Voting For December 2015 August 10th 2016
My dank userscript|Check out my Github, too!

Kumquats, this signature is inedible and poisonus.
Also try the code below in IBNIZ.
sxsaxAr+waxBr-*
ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

OK, post it in a different thread. I'm closing this thread.