Discuss Scratch

jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

You'd get the ability to purchase certain items that are not available otherwise.
You get them by making beautiful projects, buying them (1sc = one cent), when people donate to you, and by doing tasks.

Scratch is made by the MIT as a learning program. Purchasing items for a virtual currency that can be unlocked by using real money sounds like an RPG game. Also, requiring money to post on forums would limit positive discussion, while allowing the deletion of comments on other people's projects allows people to post a trolling comment and then delete it.

Two Advertising and sharing groups:
Scratch Cat's Hideout: Home Page / Advertise! / Members / Write A Review / Read A Review / FAQs
Scratching fame:

mitchboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Changing your username (200sc)
Deleting your comments on other people's posts (300sc)
Disabling “see inside” (400sc)
Private Messaging (500sc)
All of these are on this topic (#11, #7, #3, and #2 respectively). And the reasons why they aren't implemented are on there (and even with credits, nothing would really change).

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Scratch Pro Image Maker (600sc 5 day rental, 10000sc permanent)
Scratch Pro Coder (700sc 5 day rental, 12000sc permanent)
Scratch Pro Sound Maker (800sc 5 day rental, 14000sc permanent)
Scratch Pro Blocks (900sc 5 day rental, 16000sc permanent)
This would take a lot of work on the behalf of the Scratch Team.

And I would not like this idea especially, since I don't make a whole lot of projects, so I'd have like 12sc.

Capsicum annuum.
jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

You'd get the ability to purchase certain items that are not available otherwise.
You get them by making beautiful projects, buying them (1sc = one cent), when people donate to you, and by doing tasks.

Scratch is an educational tool and is supposed to be completely free.

Scratch Cat's Hideout: Home Page / Advertise! / Members / Write A Review / Read A Review / FAQs
Scratching fame:

xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

xlk wrote:

Please, never ever add virtual currencies. They eventually lead to ludicrous systems and/or get real money involved.
Money and scratch are things that go horribly together, if you want credits which you use money for, play one of those social network games the “easy” way.
Also, at what rate would “beauty”, a subjective measurement, translate to credits, and objective measurement?
Also, what if people spam a bunch of projects?

If we take away anything specifically forbiden, we are left with credits that are given from projects, and are used for what?

the whole thing is pointless, I don't understand why you want this. If people don't want to do favours, tough luck! There might be someone else who might, or you are just asking too much.

tax, this makes no sense. Everyone hates tax IRL, why put it here? To keep people from accumulating wealth? Better of not adding these credits in the first place…

ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

Scratch credits

xlk wrote:

ABCScratch123 wrote:

xlk wrote:

Please, never ever add virtual currencies. They eventually lead to ludicrous systems and/or get real money involved.
Money and scratch are things that go horribly together, if you want credits which you use money for, play one of those social network games the “easy” way.
Also, at what rate would “beauty”, a subjective measurement, translate to credits, and objective measurement?

If we take away anything specifically forbiden, we are left with credits that are given from projects, and are used for what?

the whole thing is pointless, I don't understand why you want this. If people don't want to do favours, tough luck! There might be someone else who might, or you are just asking too much.

tax, this makes no sense. Everyone hates tax IRL, why put it here? To keep people from accumulating wealth? Better of not adding these credits in the first place…
1. But it can help the site stay alive!
2. Beauty will be reviewed by scratch mods.
3. Spamming projects just wastes the mods' time, and will instantly be paid for as a tax!
4. See the previous posts
5. Well then, tough!
6. Sorry, but if you don't like this system, taxes will make posting on the forums 20 times the price that you would normally pay!
lundfamily3
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

-snipped-
3. Spamming projects just wastes the mods' time, and will instantly be paid for as a tax!
5. Well then, tough!
6. Sorry, but if you don't like this system, taxes will make posting on the forums 20 times the price that you would normally pay!
I am going to be blunt, very, very, blunt seem no one has gotten through to you. Here are all the reasons why (most) people would hate this.

1) No it wouldn't. Infact, it would do the opposite. It would make people annoyed, upset, and angered that suddenly they have to pay with real life money to do something they used to be able to do for free. It would make a lot of old users quit, new users go inactive, and discourage people from signing up.

2) That doesn't work. There are 4 year old scratchers and 50 year old scratchers. Age definitely has an impact on quality. It would also be an opinion, plus, you want mods to go through every project and then take time to review it?

3) Why would mods want to be paid in virtual currency that they can do nothing good or worth while with? O.o

4. Not sure what you mean by 4 because I do not want to go back and read all your posts to try and figure out whay you are talking about. So, I am just going to say: The Scratch Team has said on so, so, so many posts, topics, projects, everything, really, that they will never, EVER, make Scratch a pay to play thing. They said it will ALWAYS be 100% FREE.

5. Saying, “Tough!” does not explain how something would be good O.o

6) No. Just… No. We already have a x second rule post, why do we need to pay too? It doesn't make any sense!

Hope you understand me. ,-.

Happy scratching. :3

Yes, I am a female. Yes, I would rather fight in a zombie apycolypse/fantasy universe than be a princess or have anything to do witha princess.
~ShadowOfArt is an alt I rarely use now a days~
Working on Christmas Animation with the amazing the_hawk_arisen!
And then the dragon lowered it's head to the wolf's and it's eyes blazed with a fury of no other creature that ever flew through the skies.
Shinigami eat only apples.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently watching: Deathnote (on episode 30! :O) ;
ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

Scratch credits

Is there anyone that supports this idea?
ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

Scratch credits

NO!
hppavilion
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

They can be used for:
Creating groups (100SC, so that Add Everything studios slow down)
As a get out of jail free card (1000sc, and can only be used once)
Having more than 500 sprites on the screen at once (this can be useful for games)
Posting on the Forums (to reduce spam)

ABCScratch123 wrote:

More uses. Sorry for the inconvience
Changing your username (200sc)
Deleting your comments on other people's posts (300sc)
Disabling “see inside” (400sc)
Private Messaging (500sc)
Scratch Pro Image Maker (600sc 5 day rental, 10000sc permanent)
Scratch Pro Coder (700sc 5 day rental, 12000sc permanent)
Scratch Pro Sound Maker (800sc 5 day rental, 14000sc permanent)
Scratch Pro Blocks (900sc 5 day rental, 16000sc permanent)

ABCScratch123 wrote:

A few more
Posting comments (100sc)
As a tax (varies)

100% (I mean, actually 100%) of that A) S something they already stated they will NEVER EVER do, B) Reduces creativity, C) Is something that no internet thing should EVER do, or D) Something they don't do because it would be WAY too laggy.
hppavilion
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch credits

E) The idea of the credits themselves is banned, they would be like badges or trophies, but also inaccurate if you could BUY them, so the worst coder on earth could spend $700 on it and get 70,000sc.
F) Just dumb. Taxes!? REALLY!?
jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

xlk wrote:

ABCScratch123 wrote:

xlk wrote:

5. Well then, tough!

1. Scratch is an educational website. It is not supposed to be paid. The site is staying alive because there is already a donation page: http://codetolearn.org/

We should not limit learning for a virtual currency that will distract from the purpose of scratch: learning.

2. Beauty is not something that can be measured, while the amount of credits is a number that can be. I do not want to take 3 hours to make a project only to not get any credits because Cheddargirl is having a bad day or whatever.

Scratching fame:

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch credits

To make things clear….

Scratch is free and will always be free. No support, I would never like it to have to post things with needing to use limited credits.

Before posting on an old thread, I suggest asking yourself the following questions: 1) Is the thread still applicable / relevant as of today? 2) Is the topic of discussion still worth discussing? 3) Has the thread not been resolved? 4) Is my post related to the topic, and will it help move the discussion towards it's intended goal?

Answering “yes” to all four questions means that it's ok to post on it.
cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

Is there anyone that supports this idea?
I don't think so.
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch credits

ABCScratch123 wrote:

5. Well then, tough!
1. Scratch runs through donations. Ever heard of the word?
2. First the Featured Projects, and now this? Too much, by dear.
3. What would a mod do with a virtual currency? The Scratch Team would probably give them like unlimited anyways.
4. Why? You haven't yet made a valid point.
5. Tough for you.
6. Can't wait until you run out of SC.

Parting words: Scratch isn't an economy class.

3DS FC: 3239-6065-2543 (Ask me before adding) | AS: Alex~ | X: Alex (DWS)
Ask me on my profile about XYORAS breeding requests!

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.11.3, Safari 9.0.3, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
ABCScratch123
Scratcher
47 posts

Scratch credits

OK, time to close. It won't get anywhere.