Discuss Scratch

lluukkeepp
Scratcher
8 posts

Turbo Blocks

If you have a turbo block and in it have 'add to list' blocks, then directly afterwards have a 'delete item of list' block, it doesn't delete.
See my ‘Scratch Errors 1’ project for a better explanation, and an example.
lluukkeepp
Scratcher
8 posts

Turbo Blocks

Link: Here
diletant2
Scratcher
1 post

Turbo Blocks

поставьте после block wait 0.0001 sec.
RalphDavid4
Scratcher
35 posts

Turbo Blocks

Problem?

RalphDavid4
Many projects. Made by me
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Turbo Blocks

Well, that's a fascinating thing! Thanks for the demonstration project.

Even though you have the custom block set to non-updating to the screen, I would expect that the blocks following the custom block would execute and remove the list items. Looks like a bug to me. You can force it to work by inserting a short wait block after the custom block - but I don't think you should have to that.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
TimothyLawyer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Turbo Blocks

Here is similar:

…bug on a defined block with “Run without screen refresh” checked. In a script, the next block is (sometimes) skipped. A block definition with no script does not affect this.

An easy way to test is using a Sound block, such as ‘play drum’ or ‘play note’, after such a new block. The ‘change volume’ block in this position, however, does work.

Examples:

Last edited by TimothyLawyer (Feb. 3, 2013 03:24:31)

johnm
Scratcher
100+ posts

Turbo Blocks

This is definitely a bug. Repeat blocks, blocks that wait, and possibly some other control structures following a call to a “do without screen refresh” user-defined block are skipped. Thanks for reporting this bug and thanks, Timothy, for all the test-cases. This will get fixed soon.

Last edited by johnm (Feb. 3, 2013 11:30:43)

johnm
Scratcher
100+ posts

Turbo Blocks

Update: This bug got fixed in v230, which should become available later today.