Discuss Scratch

coder2045
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

Random-42 wrote:

set [☁variables ] to [same as on other projects]
Please try to be constructive.

Press Ctrl+Shift+Down while highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of it. Press Ctrl+Shift+Up to go up.
Spot the mistakes! There are 6. Reward: 1 love. Block spellings are 3.0.
when this sprite kicked:: events hat
forever{
repeat (5) times{
pen up
move (3) steps
pen down
turn @addInput (3) degrees:: motion
move (2) step:: motion
}:: control
change [useless number for some reason v] by (chang)
change [change v] by (pick random [4.2] to [7.5])
}:: cap control
solar_sausage
Scratcher
100 posts

Often, cloud variables simply won’t save at all, I’ve noticed this often on my cloud game Click war 2, after refreshing the page the variables are inexplicably back to where they were.
YizzyB
Scratcher
1 post

Using Windows 10. I am unable to RUN any of my projects.
https://scratch.mit.edu/mystuff/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/391825120/editor/
creater365
Scratcher
51 posts

Not sure if this is an issue with my script, but I have a saving system and the saving works perfectly fine. But when I reload the page, the cloud variable doesn't remember any of the saving that happened. It sorta returns to a glitched state, and I'm certain there's nothing wrong with my decoder, or encoder. As I explained before, I tested them and all went well until I reloaded the page.

Last edited by creater365 (May 27, 2020 22:30:15)

creater365✔️
creater365
Scratcher
51 posts

It might be more of a glitch with lists, as I am using the block “Item # of () in Encode,” for my encoder and decoder.

Last edited by creater365 (May 27, 2020 22:33:19)

creater365✔️
Grenade_Games
Scratcher
1 post

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm trying to save my cloud data (as a scratcher playing games) and it won't let me. I am a Scratcher and have been for about 24 hours now, but I cannot save my data. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
marcelzietek2006
Scratcher
500+ posts

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/409889/

Mah best projects (Click on them)
]
jackson137
New to Scratch
1 post

Hi,

My old game (https://scratch.mit.edu/search/projects/536061/) isn't working anymore — I get an error when I try to open/remix it. Error report is: browser hangs for a while, maybe 10 seconds, then says “An error occured, We're very sorry but it looks like you're using a version of browser we don't support”.

I am using Linux 4.18 with chromium 75.0.3770.90 and Ubuntu 18.10.

I have also tried with the same effect on Mac OS running Chrome.

I'm not sure what the issue is, because other games work on my Chromium installation, and I can't see the code, so can't really debug anything.

Thanks,

Jackson
TechBeans
Scratcher
17 posts

griffpatch wrote:

I think it's broken again? But not for everyone. I've even rebooted my PC just to make sure, signed out and back into scratch. I can see 2 other users updating my cloud variables in real time, but I cannot change any of the cloud variable myself such that the change is detected by the other users
OMG GRIFFPATCH

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>
dieselg
Scratcher
1 post

DO NOT BUT THE GLITCH
GeekTech
New to Scratch
32 posts

If anyone is having issues at the moment with cloud variables it is probably because of the amount of people on the server (it may have filled its capacity).
maor_gurwicz
Scratcher
2 posts

In my game “piano tiles online” (it Common), the cloud variable “תו משתנה” Does not update on different devices and remains on “4”
maor_gurwicz
Scratcher
2 posts

In my game “piano tiles online” (it Common), the cloud variable “תו משתנה” Does not update on different devices and remains on “4”
Hamuniii
Scratcher
3 posts

My project only saves one cloud variable and two if the other is updated earlier in the code. I don’t know why but I am 100% sure it is a bug.

The variable is: ☁️ Cloud

Btw am I allowed to put link to my project here? Well it is here anyways: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/404201247
theanonymousweirdo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hamuniii wrote:

My project only saves one cloud variable and two if the other is updated earlier in the code. I don’t know why but I am 100% sure it is a bug.

The variable is: ☁️ Cloud

Btw am I allowed to put link to my project here? Well it is here anyways: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/404201247
Scratch only allows you to update one cloud variable every tenth of a second. If you try to update cloud variables faster than that, it will show up on your screen, but it will stay the same as is was before for everyone else.

Last edited by theanonymousweirdo (June 12, 2020 18:14:41)

Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.
Ether 2:12
QRCodeYTPMVs
New to Scratch
11 posts

QRCodeYTPMVs wrote:

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

Cloud data gets broken for me when projects are copied.

Recently I copied a few projects and shared them, unsharing the originals in order to change the thumbnails of the projects. The copied versions kept the same numbers as the original project. But when you changed the value of the variables, they would change, but not in the cloud- they acted as normal variables instead of cloud variables. In the cloud data log, it just said that there was no cloud data or something like that.

To solve this, I deleted all the variables and recreated them again. This worked. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.
Yep, this is a known issue. DadOfMrLog discovered this a while back and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Last edited by QRCodeYTPMVs (June 13, 2020 05:28:11)

QRCodeYTPMVs
New to Scratch
11 posts

QRCodeYTPMVs wrote:

QRCodeYTPMVs wrote:

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

Recently I copied a few projects and shared them, unsharing the originals in order to change the thumbnails of the projects. The copied versions kept the same numbers as the original project. But when you changed the value of the variables, they would change, but not in the cloud- they acted as normal variables instead of cloud variables. In the cloud data log, it just said that there was no cloud data or something like that.

To solve this, I deleted all the variables and recreated them again. This worked. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.
Yep, this is a known issue. DadOfMrLog discovered this a while back and it hasn't been fixed yet.
MadSlipperyStinkSap
Scratcher
2 posts

I remixed Mystic Valley, a cloud platformer, and I decided to make a portal that would transport you from one part of the game to another, but then when I tested it out the game erupted into chaos. The players were transported into random places you couldn't get into with the code, and players from other games ended up in my platformer.
MadSlipperyStinkSap
Scratcher
2 posts

Also I shared it, realized the glitch, unshared it, and it says it's unshared but somehow other people can still access the game.
thr565ono
Scratcher
100+ posts

QRCodeYTPMVs wrote:

QRCodeYTPMVs wrote:

QRCodeYTPMVs wrote:

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

I have also had this problem

I am working on CloudMirror, a project that will allow you to broadcast your project stage to another screen (phone to computer for example). See https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/422432 for info

To see the whole of my signature, highlight this line and press Ctrl+Shift+Down until a new part appears

I am the creator of Code Snippets, a Scratch studio. You can see lots of useful things to add to your project to make it even better.

Also, please check out Touch The Ball