Discuss Scratch

EpicStickGuy
Scratcher
26 posts

Not letting me post 1.4 anymore?

I have been using 1.4 instead of 2.0. And something just happened. It wont let upload projects, or import projects anymore. I have tried restarting my router and restarting my computer. But it wont work. How do I fix this??

Last edited by EpicStickGuy (Aug. 1, 2013 20:41:51)

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not letting me post 1.4 anymore?

You can always open the project up in the Scratch 2.0 project editor and share it from there. That always works
-click “Create” at the top of the website to open the Scratch 2.0 project editor
-select File > Upload from your Computer
-make sure you're logged in, and click “Share” in the top-right

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Not letting me post 1.4 anymore?

EpicStickGuy wrote:

I have been using 1.4 instead of 2.0. And something just happened. It wont let upload projects, or import projects anymore. I have tried restarting my router and restarting my computer. But it wont work. How do I fix this??
We did an update on the site today, which can slow down the website for a while. Maybe you were trying to upload during the update period?

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
LordRaymond77
Scratcher
47 posts

Not letting me post 1.4 anymore?

cheddargirl wrote:

EpicStickGuy wrote:

I have been using 1.4 instead of 2.0. And something just happened. It wont let upload projects, or import projects anymore. I have tried restarting my router and restarting my computer. But it wont work. How do I fix this??
We did an update on the site today, which can slow down the website for a while. Maybe you were trying to upload during the update period?
was something wrong with the update because the homepage is GONE!

Join potato power http://scratch.mit.edu/studios/253084/ Today!
——————————————————————————————
Proud survivor of the IP ban apocalypse.
1337Guy
Scratcher
13 posts

Not letting me post 1.4 anymore?

EpicStickGuy wrote:

I have been using 1.4 instead of 2.0. And something just happened. It wont let upload projects, or import projects anymore. I have tried restarting my router and restarting my computer. But it wont work. How do I fix this??
It's because the site don't support that file format anymore. Upload it from your computer via the project editor ('Create' at the top of the page) and then click share. That will convert the filetype to the one for the site and then upload it. Might be a little buggy, but meh. Scratch is buggy. Always was, still is, and probably always will be.
-1337Guy
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Not letting me post 1.4 anymore?

1337Guy wrote:

EpicStickGuy wrote:

I have been using 1.4 instead of 2.0. And something just happened. It wont let upload projects, or import projects anymore. I have tried restarting my router and restarting my computer. But it wont work. How do I fix this??
It's because the site don't support that file format anymore. Upload it from your computer via the project editor ('Create' at the top of the page) and then click share. That will convert the filetype to the one for the site and then upload it. Might be a little buggy, but meh. Scratch is buggy. Always was, still is, and probably always will be.
-1337Guy
That's not true, the site still supports .sb files. You can even still download .sb files from the Scratch website for projects made in older version of Scratch.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
emd245
Scratcher
78 posts

Not letting me post 1.4 anymore?

cheddargirl wrote:

EpicStickGuy wrote:

I have been using 1.4 instead of 2.0. And something just happened. It wont let upload projects, or import projects anymore. I have tried restarting my router and restarting my computer. But it wont work. How do I fix this??
We did an update on the site today, which can slow down the website for a while. Maybe you were trying to upload during the update period?
My scratch 1.4 lets me upload a 3mb project in less than two minutes. I must have tried to upload during the update period, because then it took FOREVER to upload.

Last edited by emd245 (Aug. 3, 2013 18:54:08)


About me
Registered: (mm/dd/yyyy) 07-07-2013
Scratcher
BEST QUOTE BY FAR: “No wristbands can make one.”
Best project worth checkin' out: //scratch.mit.edu/projects/12152860/
I wish there was an bbcode tag

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile