Discuss Scratch

stickman46
Scratcher
56 posts

scripts wont run

hey guys when i use a block (for example hide) when its activated i wont run the scrpt
it could happen to your projects
so yeah

Isaac character contest! Signup now!
Click here to view!
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scripts wont run

Could you please explain more about how this happened? Maybe you could share the project you were having trouble on so we may see what's wrong.

stickman46
Scratcher
56 posts

scripts wont run

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Could you please explain more about how this happened? Maybe you could share the project you were having trouble on so we may see what's wrong.
i was making an RPG game and i added a arrow to go to the next terrain all it did is stayed at the first terrain and the arrow didn't hide however go to x() y()
still worked

Last edited by stickman46 (July 30, 2013 18:04:48)

Click here to view!
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scripts wont run

stickman46 wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

i was making an RPG game and i added a arrow to go to the next terrain all it did is stayed at the first terrain and the arrow didn't hide however go to x() y()
still worked
Here's what you need to check for:
-Does the script run once or loop repeatedly?
-Are all the conditions met correctly?
-Do the variables reset at the start of the project, or when they're supposed to?
-Is there a misplaced block? Such as “switch costume to” instead of “switch backdrop to”?
-Do the sent broadcasts get received?

stickman46
Scratcher
56 posts

scripts wont run

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

stickman46 wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

still worked
Here's what you need to check for:
-Does the script run once or loop repeatedly?
-Are all the conditions met correctly?
-Do the variables reset at the start of the project, or when they're supposed to?
-Is there a misplaced block? Such as “switch costume to” instead of “switch backdrop to”?
-Do the sent broadcasts get received?
um i don't know

Click here to view!