thesilversword

I am having a miserable time on scratch because every 3-5 seconds, the screen freezes for about 2 seconds. I am using scratch 3.0 and I am on a Chromebook (an old one). It is incredibly painful and hard to make and see projects because of the lag spikes. During the lag, the mouse pointer can move, but all other things on scratch stop working or moving. So let's say you were dragging a block of code. When the lag happens during this, the block would freeze, along with every-other Scratch related function, Yes, your mouse pointer would keep moving, but the rest will freeze. Someone, PLEASE do something about it. It is making scratch next to impossible to use. I have seen other complaints like this one, but there seems to be no solution. I have been with scratch since the beginning and watched it grow. That is why is hurts so much to see this happen. So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you're reading this, do your best to help me identify and solve this problem. If you have any questions about my situation, feel free to ask. Thanks.

-TSS

thesilversword

I am having a miserable time on scratch because every 3-5 seconds, the screen freezes for about 2 seconds. I am using scratch 3.0 and I am on a Chromebook (an old one). It is incredibly painful and hard to make and see projects because of the lag spikes. During the lag, the mouse pointer can move, but all other things on scratch stop working or moving. So let's say you were dragging a block of code. When the lag happens during this, the block would freeze, along with every-other Scratch related function, Yes, your mouse pointer would keep moving, but the rest will freeze. Someone, PLEASE do something about it. It is making scratch next to impossible to use. I have seen other complaints like this one, but there seems to be no solution. I have been with scratch since the beginning and watched it grow. That is why is hurts so much to see this happen. So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you're reading this, do your best to help me identify and solve this problem. If you have any questions about my situation, feel free to ask. Thanks.

-TSS

ekocher-tcssf

I know! Scratch lags on Chromebooks. My recommendation is to get a PC or a Mac. It literally never lags on powerful computers. The reason that Scratch lags on Chromebooks is that Chromebooks are really slow and kinda pathetic computers.

xXRedTheCoderXx

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Phantomforces wrote:

change x by (888)

Please don't necropost
Sorry, I said it wrong. I meant spam, not necropost.

anime_Gurl_Wolf_

I don’t know which scratch I have but I know I’m on a website. It lags a lot. It lags so much and I wait 2 hours and it doesn’t lag but right now,I can’t see what someone said on one of my projects!

anime_Gurl_Wolf_

I can’t even go in my projects!

PootisBird68

Please, please, please fix the lag on 3.0! Please!

anime_Gurl_Wolf_

I’m angry

anime_Gurl_Wolf_

PootisBird68 wrote:

Please, please, please fix the lag on 3.0! Please!

xXRedTheCoderXx

I think this thread should be closed. To be honest, there's no point in it - besides being an angry chat room for people talk about their problems and how laggy Scratch is. (It really isn't, I think everyone here just has a bad computer.)

This is the OP:
Please fix the lag for Scratch 3.0 i cant do anything in my projects, it constantly lags.
Please Fix it! D:

And, that's pretty much all of the post in this entire thread summed up. Angry people complaining.

I mean, what are the Scratch Team going to do? No one is contributing to the discussion. No one is saying what is causing the lag. (Like I said, it's probably their computers. Gotta admit though, during these times with Corona, there has been a huge spike in lag.)

Everyone here has to understand that the Scratch Team have always been trying to improve the website, and part of improving the website is getting rid of lag.

The Scratch Team is trying their best, so you angry haters just be patient, okay? This discussion isn't doing anything for the Scratch community, and I think it should be closed.

VRamineni3

etfhnfhng

glow_stone68

NutageGaita wrote:

i have the same problem
Me too.

nibbleapizza2

mickscottjack wrote:

Please fix the lag for Scratch 3.0 i cant do anything in my projects, it constantly lags.
Please Fix it! D:

people its 2020 and a thing from like 2001 is still laggy
what the heck