speedy_turtle101

Not much to add here, but to start: get image versions here:
-0.x-
February 14, 2004 (0.1) here
October 13, 2004 (0.2) windows mac
February 28, 2005 here
March 14, 2005 here
May 28, 2005 here
-1.x-
Pre-1.0 July 27, 2006 here
1.0 (could not find, please link)
1.0.1 windows mac
1.0.2 squeak image file
1.1 windows mac
1.2beta squeak image file
1.2 windows mac
1.2.1 windows mac
1.3 windows mac
1.3.1 windows mac
1.4 Release Candidate squeak image file
1.4 windows mac
-2.0 plus-
Experimental Viewer (2.0 alpha test) here (open with
Firefox or Windows Media Player )
good resource for 2.00 betas
3.0 GitHub earlier? now
3.0 early current source code
That's what I could find, maybe further into this topic we will get some unseen versions

WANTED- ZIP ARCHIVE OF ALL THESE LINKS SO THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE THESE

turkey3

Thanks for these!

infinitytec

Nice!

speedy_turtle101

Let's find the missing versions here!
1.0
1.0.1
1.2 beta
1.3.1

speedy_turtle101

After hours of research, I have found many more, last ones needed: 1.0, 1.0.1

_nix

I took a peek at that “good resource for 2.0 betas” and if you go up a folder, there's several other handy folders - link. In 0.x-1.x, I see “Scratch 1.0.image” and “Scratch 1.0.1.image”; I think those are what you're looking for.

speedy_turtle101

Anyone know how to Open the Scratch 2.0 betas?

Wettining

speedy_turtle101 wrote:

Anyone know how to Open the Scratch 2.0 betas?
Use a web browser like chrome or an SWF player

speedy_turtle101

Needed: 1.0, 1.0.1 (link broken)
edit someone found them?

superben100

Okay, so somewhere on my old computer, I think that I have the original 3.0 playground files, but I'm not sure.

If you would like, I can check and see if I have them.

j12006

Wettining wrote:

speedy_turtle101 wrote:

Anyone know how to Open the Scratch 2.0 betas?
Use a web browser like chrome or an SWF player
Can I put it into scratch offline editor documents and make it become a pre-alpha?

j12006

Just like you can change the .image file of scratch 1.4 to get scratch 1.0, even 0.2.

speedy_turtle101

superben100 wrote:

Okay, so somewhere on my old computer, I think that I have the original 3.0 playground files, but I'm not sure.

If you would like, I can check and see if I have them.
Sure, think the files are still at Scratch's github repo scratch-vm.

Marx90

speedy_turtle101 wrote:

Not much to add here, but to start: get image versions here:
-0.x-
February 14, 2004 (0.1) here
October 13, 2004 (0.2) windows mac
February 28, 2005 here
March 14, 2005 here
May 28, 2005 here
-1.x-
Pre-1.0 July 27, 2006 here
1.0 (could not find, please link)
1.0.1 windows mac
1.0.2 squeak image file
1.1 windows mac
1.2beta squeak image file
1.2 windows mac
1.2.1 windows mac
1.3 windows mac
1.3.1 windows mac
1.4 Release Candidate squeak image file
1.4 windows mac
-2.0 plus-
Experimental Viewer (2.0 alpha test) here (open with
Firefox or Windows Media Player )
good resource for 2.00 betas
3.0 GitHub earlier? now
3.0 early current source code
That's what I could find, maybe further into this topic we will get some unseen versions

WANTED- ZIP ARCHIVE OF ALL THESE LINKS SO THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE THESE
1.0 is in google drive

superben100

Marx90 wrote:

speedy_turtle101 wrote:

Not much to add here, but to start: get image versions here:
-0.x-
February 14, 2004 (0.1) here
October 13, 2004 (0.2) windows mac
February 28, 2005 here
March 14, 2005 here
May 28, 2005 here
-1.x-
Pre-1.0 July 27, 2006 here
1.0 (could not find, please link)
1.0.1 windows mac
1.0.2 squeak image file
1.1 windows mac
1.2beta squeak image file
1.2 windows mac
1.2.1 windows mac
1.3 windows mac
1.3.1 windows mac
1.4 Release Candidate squeak image file
1.4 windows mac
-2.0 plus-
Experimental Viewer (2.0 alpha test) here (open with
Firefox or Windows Media Player )
good resource for 2.00 betas
3.0 GitHub earlier? now
3.0 early current source code
That's what I could find, maybe further into this topic we will get some unseen versions

WANTED- ZIP ARCHIVE OF ALL THESE LINKS SO THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE THESE
1.0 is in google drive
Thanks for the info, but this is quite a necropost.
In the future, try not to post on threads whose last post was more than 3 months old.
Thanks again!

SpIam

The window says QUIT?! and wont let me quit. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

speedy_turtle101

SpIam wrote:

The window says QUIT?! and wont let me quit. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!
Whoa, necropost. This thread is pretty ancient, so don't post here. Use this as a warning.

CatsUnited

speedy_turtle101 wrote:

SpIam wrote:

The window says QUIT?! and wont let me quit. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!
Whoa, necropost. This thread is pretty ancient, so don't post here. Use this as a warning.
I think that this topic is still relevant though, since it's a pretty useful resource for getting versions of Scratch prior to 1.4. While yes, you do seem to have all the publicly available versions of Scratch on that topic, if one or more of those download links do break, I think it's still important to have this topic open so if someone finds that out, they can alert people by posting on the topic, regardless of how long it's been since the last topic.

I mainly post on Reading & Playing though, where necroposting isn't really a thing so don't @ me

Wettining

CatsUnited wrote:

speedy_turtle101 wrote:

SpIam wrote:

The window says QUIT?! and wont let me quit. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!
Whoa, necropost. This thread is pretty ancient, so don't post here. Use this as a warning.
I think that this topic is still relevant though, since it's a pretty useful resource for getting versions of Scratch prior to 1.4. While yes, you do seem to have all the publicly available versions of Scratch on that topic, if one or more of those download links do break, I think it's still important to have this topic open so if someone finds that out, they can alert people by posting on the topic, regardless of how long it's been since the last topic.

I mainly post on Reading & Playing though, where necroposting isn't really a thing so don't @ me
Yeah this topic needs to stay open in case a link breaks

speedy_turtle101

Aight. I will let any of you bump this thread and alert me if a link breaks.