In this studio you will find projects that allow you to make your own user icon ( profile picture / avatar / logo ). Why don't you give them a try?
How to make a user icon?
1. Play around with one or several icon maker projects.
2. Having created your preferred picture, open Microsoft’s Snipping Tool (alternative for Mac: Command-Shift-4 or SnapNDrag) and take a screenshot (see also https://www.capture-screenshot.org/ or https://www.capture-screenshot.org/snipping-tool/ respectively).
3. Save the picture as a JPG- or PNG-file on your computer.
4. Upload your picture: Go to your profile on the Scratch website:
Hover over your user icon.
Click the word "change".
Navigate to the picture file on your computer. Click “open”. That's it. Congratulations to your new user icon!
How to make an icon maker?
Do you want to add a project?
This studio is a collection of imaginative and beautifully designed projects, which should be a source of good examples/ideas and which might motivate visitors to create their own icon. Therefore sorry, not every project can be accepted. But you can increase the chances for your project if you:
• Invest a lot of time in the project (there are projects in this studio that have been worked on for several months).
• Propose a project that looks very different from the projects already added in this studio.
• Draw the shapes of your project yourself, not copying them somewhere (no remixes either).
• Not only offer colour changes but draw as many different shapes as possible (hairs, mouth, nose, eyes, etc.).
• Create a nice thumbnail (Look at different thumbnails. Try to find out why you like some better than others and try to learn from the good ones.
If you are looking for a tutorial: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/287514910/)
If your project doesn't make it into this studio yet, there are dozens of alternatives. I recommend the studio Scratch Avatar Creators: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/26554994/
Sorry, we don't need any more curators.
For already accepted curators:
Please note: THIS IS NOT AN ADD EVERYTHING STUDIO. I would like to provide the visitors of this studio a broad variety of projects WHICH ARE THE RESULT OF A LOT OF WORK. So they might be motivated to use these projects. Therefore:
1. Be sure that plenty of time has been invested in the project you might add (see above to know what that means).
2. No dress up games! There are special studios for them.
Projects that do not meet the criteria and curators who do not meet the expectations will be removed.