Discuss Scratch

FunnyAnimatorJimTV
Scratcher
44 posts

Sound recordings coming out glitchy

Hi- Sound recordings in Scratch 3.0 are coming out pretty glitchy and stuttery, almost as if the robot sound effect is added to it- this needs a fix and I've heard it's been happening to other people too.

Thanks!
FunnyAnimatorJimTV
Scratcher
44 posts

Oh! I may have found a quick fix: When you start your recording, click the record button and then go in another tab while speaking and the recording will come out much smoother
Minescratcher367
Scratcher
100+ posts

FunnyAnimatorJimTV wrote:

Hi- Sound recordings in Scratch 3.0 are coming out pretty glitchy and stuttery, almost as if the robot sound effect is added to it- this needs a fix and I've heard it's been happening to other people too.

Thanks!
I just depends on how good your microphone is.

when green flag clicked :: control
do nothing :: list
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minescratcher367 wrote:

FunnyAnimatorJimTV wrote:

Thanks!
I just depends on how good your microphone is.
I don't think that's everything though - OP said that the mic quality was better than they recorded their voice while in a different tab. Anyway, it seems like they've found a temporary solution, although it isn't ideal.

@FunnyAnimatorJimTV What's the browser that you're using? You can see that by clicking the globe, just above the reply box, next to the smiley and to the left of the scratchblock.
badjasboy
New to Scratch
2 posts

I am experiencing the same problem: I have a few sound clips connected to variables (Music: 0, Music=1 and Music=2). Whenever I boot the game the sound under music=0 plays fine, but whenever I have it change to 1 or 2 the sound comes out glitchy. I have it all in a forever-loop (if music=0 play this, if music=1 play that and if music=2 play this).

The glitch sounds like the game constantly rebooting the song under 1 and 2, which is weird because I've used the ‘play the song until done’ tiles.

Any ideas what could be an easy fix?
badjasboy
New to Scratch
2 posts

I am experiencing the same problem: I have a few sound clips connected to variables (Music: 0, Music=1 and Music=2). Whenever I boot the game the sound under music=0 plays fine, but whenever I have it change to 1 or 2 the sound comes out glitchy. I have it all in a forever-loop (if music=0 play this, if music=1 play that and if music=2 play this).

The glitch sounds like the game constantly rebooting the song under 1 and 2, which is weird because I've used the ‘play the song until done’ tiles.

Any ideas what could be an easy fix?
-Spottedleaf_
Scratcher
1 post

It's happening to me too!
HELP
watershu
New to Scratch
1 post

I need help too IT'S GLITCH Y